Weekly Photo Challenge: Art

Toothpick Painting PendantHere is my “toothpick painting”, a wearable work of art featuring acrylic paint on canvas on hammered nickle silver, sealed with resin, worn as a necklace.

15 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Art

• Rajiv 17/05/2014 / 8:13 pm

Freaky goooood. This is unusual, and very innovative

• Claudette 18/05/2014 / 8:12 am

Ah, thanks Rajiv,:) the toothpicks do spread the paint in lovely little ways.

• Rajiv 18/05/2014 / 12:33 pm

Toothpicks? You used toothpicks?

• Claudette 18/05/2014 / 6:15 pm

yep, daub on paint, spread with toothpicks. They streak it into other colours really lovely.

• Claudette 18/05/2014 / 8:11 am

Thanks. I do enjoy wearing it, but I have at least 30 other necklaces that I have made, so I have to alternate them 🙂

• Claudette 19/05/2014 / 6:35 am

I am. I also have a website, but not much happens there 🙂

1. nan0noodle 17/05/2014 / 11:27 pm

I think this is so pretty, I would totally wear this as a pin or hair clip. 🙂

• Claudette 18/05/2014 / 8:10 am

Thank you. 🙂 This one is a little big for a hair clip, but I have made one in a smaller size.

2. Thewitch 21/05/2014 / 1:55 am

You are so clever, I wish I could produce such beautiful things!! Sadly, I have the attention span of a gnat, Although I have decided to attempt to transfer some of my photos onto canvas, tht’s the nearest I will probably come to great art!! 😀

• Claudette 21/05/2014 / 7:32 am

You are clever in words, writing humour in weird situations. hat is a talent to treasure, my friend. I just squash bis of grown up play doh and play with paint 🙂