Writing 101 Day 8: Adverbs absurdity

We do not want adverbs, that is what I heard,
Today we will play de-clutter the page,
Choosing words bold and strong
to strut on our stage.

I admit I’m confused, adrift and bemused,
in understanding the usage
and nuances of verbiage
I know that I’ll just get it wrong.

ยฉ ceenoa

11 thoughts on “Writing 101 Day 8: Adverbs absurdity

1. shazzameena 12/06/2014 / 7:08 pm

I (really) love this! I’m still finding the adverbs (very) confusing.

• Claudette 13/06/2014 / 7:54 am

I don’t understand it at all, really. Thanks for loving my poem ๐Ÿ™‚

• Claudette 13/06/2014 / 7:56 am

Thanks. Still don’t have a clue about adverbs though.

2. kazg10 12/06/2014 / 11:45 pm

Your poem made me smile. Great adaptation of non adverbal communication! I myself didnt do today’s assignment, but im glad I read yours ๐Ÿ™‚

• Claudette 13/06/2014 / 7:57 am

Thanks Karen. I honestly didn’t understand it, and felt very reluctant to do it the way they prompted, so I twisted, and then a little bit more twist.

• Claudette 13/06/2014 / 7:57 am

Umm, think it was more just blind luck Nate, still don’t understand adverbs.

3. Christin 14/06/2014 / 10:15 am

I may be misremembering, but it seems that when I was in school long ago, the teachers taught us to USE adverbs. In recent times, I’ve been seeing this advice to nix them from writing and I find it challenging and frustrating.

Love the poem, by the way. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Claudette 14/06/2014 / 3:38 pm

Thanks Christin. I nrmally write how I want, when I want. However, have been trying to do the Writing 101, but not enjoying it as much as Blogging101.

• Christin 15/06/2014 / 2:01 am

Yeah, I skipped this class for that very reason. I struggled with the writing prompts in blogging 101, mostly because they weren’t the type of content I wanted on my blog. They were good, just not what I wanted. I figured this would be more of the same. I do like what you’re doing with it all, though. ๐Ÿ™‚