Weekly Haiku Prompt Challenge #7

I’ve been enjoying reading the Haiku poetry that Hugh has been writing these last few weeks, so I thought I might give it a go.
So off I went to discover from whence his inspiration came.

The source turned out to be Ronovan, who provides two words for you to include in your Haiku for his Weekly Haiku Prompt Challenge.
The words for this week were Pain and Peace.

my pain in your peace
unheard a last breath rises
a two edged blessing

17 thoughts on “Weekly Haiku Prompt Challenge #7

1. Hugh's Views and News 26/08/2014 / 8:37 pm

Welcome aboard the Haiku ship, Claudette. I thought it would be a quick trip. How wrong was I! Your words are a great start.

• Claudette 27/08/2014 / 5:58 pm

Oh thanks Hugh, now I feel seasick 😦 NOT a good sailor am I 🙂

2. Ronovan 26/08/2014 / 9:07 pm

Yes, peace for some can be a two edged sword for others. I wonder if there is anything in the world that does not have the second edge to it. A very thought provoking poem.
    Much Respect
    Ronovan

• Claudette 27/08/2014 / 5:59 pm

Thank you Ronovan. Life is all about choices, and every choice has at least two sides, so the possibility that one of them will be very sharp is quite real.

3. shazzameena 27/08/2014 / 3:35 am

I’ve been thinking about giving Haiku a try. You’ve inspired me.

• Claudette 27/08/2014 / 6:02 pm

Yay, another has joined the fray. It is an interesting form for getting thoughts across. I do admit that I still favour rhyme, it appeals to my silly side.

• shazzameena 27/08/2014 / 6:12 pm

I haven’t joined it quite yet, as I haven’t even looked up the ‘rules’ of Haiku. I must do so and have a go 🙂

• Claudette 27/08/2014 / 6:17 pm

Well, I didn’t know much about it except that it goes 5, 7, 5 words/syllables per line, usually with a total of 3 lines. I’m sure there are other ways, and I think Ronovan has them on his website, if that helps.

• Claudette 27/08/2014 / 6:03 pm

Ah, you’re just saying that! BUT, keep on saying it cause I need to expand the size of my head to match my body 😉