Testing the New Camera

These are all taken with my new camera that I have been testing.  Quite happy with it mostly, especially the way I can zoom.

Now I just need to get the manual controls sorted out, start shooting raw format and understand Lightroom.  So- nothing much happening then, eh!  🙂

17 thoughts on “Testing the New Camera

• Claudette 01/02/2015 / 6:02 pm

Thanks Phoebe. Sometimes rain is summer is beneficial 🙂

1. ChristineR 01/02/2015 / 6:23 pm

Gorgeous photos. Love your bumble bee. I’ve got a thing for bees with their heads stuffed in flowers at the moment. LOL. ❤

2. Marigold 01/02/2015 / 9:01 pm

The photos are beautiful! You must get some lovely dewy mornings down in huon valley 🙂

• Claudette 02/02/2015 / 7:06 am

We do, but these were taken after it had been drizzling. We’ve not had much of a summer yet.

3. Hugh's Views and News 02/02/2015 / 7:45 am

I think you are doing a great job with the new camera, Claudette. Those water drops on the petals are amazing and so clear. Great photography at its very best.

• Claudette 02/02/2015 / 5:29 pm

Thanks Hugh. Still got a long ways to go to get out of “auto” mode, but one step at a time. Nature is a great help by providing the subject matter.

4. macmsue 03/02/2015 / 9:36 am

The photos are stunning, I’d say you’re well on the way with your new camera.

5. kazg10 05/02/2015 / 2:22 pm

Lovely photos, you will get there Claudette, just tackle one new thing at a time 🙂

• Claudette 05/02/2015 / 5:32 pm

Had a go at lightroom – and it has confused the heck out of me. Have got the 30 day trial, so will persevere, but am wondering if it is really worth it as I don’t really do that much tweaking to photos

• Claudette 27/02/2015 / 7:47 pm

Hi Andy, sorry just found this in my Spam section – have no idea why it went there. hanks for the link to Lightroom tutorials, I will head over and have a look ( I do confess to getting frustrated with new software these days, getting a bit set in my ways I think).
      My current camera is a Panasonic Lumix TZ60, whihc I bought for the huge zoom. I had the Lumix LX7 – which I loved for the colours it produced, but I wanted a zoom, so I sold my LX7 to my Mum and got the TZ60. I don’t think it is quite as good on the colours in my eyes, and I take a lot of close up jewellery photos for my website and so colour, particularly in the red/blue/purple range, is really something that hits me in the face if it is not “right” to me.
      Thinking another camera will be in the offing when the newer model to replace the LX7 comes out/comes down in price. Or, maybe I can convince my Mum to sell me my old one back.
      Greener grass being what it is. 🙂

• Andy 28/02/2015 / 10:18 pm

That’s OK. I think most of the rubbish I write ends up in spam or trash. 🙂 Reason I asked was because I was looking for a smaller camera than my DSLR to carry around for everyday use. I splashed out and bought a Canon G7X. Still playing …

• Claudette 28/02/2015 / 10:23 pm

I had a Canon, but I hated the colour – not matter what I did it wouldn’t get the purples and reds right – gave it to my daughter who doesn’t take photos of jewellery 🙂