Orchid Study

On Sunday, being a bit bored, I got the camera out.  Amongst other things the orchid my daughters gave me when I was in hospital three weeks ago caught my eye.  I took some shots against the wet window and was really happy with them.  I keep changing my mind about which photo I like best.  Do you have a favourite?

22 thoughts on “Orchid Study

1. Kat 04/06/2015 / 2:24 pm

I really like #6. The combination of the color of the orchid against the raindrops and blue sky are quite striking.

2. innatejames 04/06/2015 / 3:52 pm

I love the negative space of orchid 2, Claudette. Sorry to hear you were in the hospital. Hope things are better!

• Claudette 04/06/2015 / 6:43 pm

Thanks Nate. Hospital was a scheduled small op, and all going very well now. Hope your word is good.

3. ChristineR 08/06/2015 / 11:35 am

#2 and #5 for me. Hard to pick a single favourite and yes, that colour is gorgeous.

4. DeeScribes 13/06/2015 / 1:30 am

I love them! The man I stayed with during my stay in Tasmania is an orchid photographer. I will have to get information to you about the orchid app he helped design. I’ll see what I can find out.

• Claudette 13/06/2015 / 9:01 am

Sounds good, this one has now lasted for 8 weeks, and it is only a stem from the florist in some oasis.

• DeeScribes 14/06/2015 / 8:06 am

If you are in the Apple store, check out the app called Orchids of Tasmania. Right now it’s not available for android, but Malcolm tells me they are working on it.