Random Photos – Week 51/15

10 thoughts on “Random Photos – Week 51/15

1. fariiisthaa 22/12/2015 / 8:12 pm

Love the picture of the rose!!!
    I like photography too! If you’re interested, do check out my blog 🙂

2. Hugh's Views and News 22/12/2015 / 10:18 pm

A Christmas Beetle? That’s a new one on me, Claudette. A great name for an insect. Very refreshing photos for the festive season.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you. Thank you for all the support you have given me and my blog this year.

Season greetings.
    Hugh 🎅

• Claudette 23/12/2015 / 9:38 am

Hi Hugh, not sure what it’s real name is, but that’s what we call them as they start to arrive at this time of the year (and the have lovely metallic shimmery colours). This one appears to have very elongated chompers and is dull – so maybe he is a boy 😉
      Happy Christmas to you and yours, thanks for being part of my blogging world.

3. Osyth 23/12/2015 / 4:43 am

The soft fur of those leaves makes me want to reach in and caress them, the beetle makes me want to shine his back even brighter and the water …. well water always makes me want to disturb it further by sploshing in!

• Claudette 23/12/2015 / 9:39 am

Glad my photos give you some good feelings Osyth. Water always makes me want to splosh too.

4. RuthsArc 23/12/2015 / 7:24 am

Lovely Claudette. My favourite is the grass and water. I didn’t know about the Christmas beetle either.

• Claudette 23/12/2015 / 9:40 am

Thanks Ruth – took that grass and water shot before I met you for coffee last week, down on the foreshore at Franklin.

• Claudette 24/12/2015 / 10:09 am

I’m a bit worried about the mandibles – they look like they could gnaw legs off 🙂