Since I’ve had 6 nominations during the time that I’ve been blogging – and I undertook serious Inoculation to stop being re-infected – I decided just to answer his questions without following the rest of the rules – such a rebel child I am!
Brian’s 11 Questions for the Bloggers Nominated:
1. Do you spend a lot of time editing a post, or do you simply bang it out and think “well, that should do it”?
Well, that depends on how neurotic I am feeling on the day – sometimes I just like to be a free spirit – other times I am striving to be obsessively perfect in presentation and probably not making it!
2. Do you get anxious when you get a notification that someone has made a comment on one of your posts, wondering if this person liked it or if they said something that cuts?
Nope. I post for me – if anyone else likes it that is a bonus. Of course, I do obsess about how others might interpret my comments.
3. What actor/actress would portray you in a Lifetime movie about that time you did something you shouldn’t have?
Some totally unknown, minor actress – fits me to a tee!
4. Have you ever deleted a post, thinking maybe you shouldn’t have said what you did?
I think I did, once. I tend to steer clear of controversial anyway.
5. (This one has a multi-part answer, brace yourself.) Do you spend a lot of time figuring out what tags you should use with a post? Does it annoy you when you see another writer’s post that has 472 tags, indicating they are trying to hit every demographic on the planet even though their post doesn’t address 471 of those tags?
To be truthful I don’t pay any attention to tags on posts (unless of course I am searching for something). I just tag whatever springs to mind, if it works it’s good, if it doesn’t …
6. How many incomplete posts do you have in the “maybe I’ll finish this later” folder on your hard drive?
None. Think it, post it, move on.
7. Have you ever participated in one of those “post your work and let others critique it” sites, such as Niume, Scriggler and Writer’s Beat? If so, was it helpful or soul-damaging?
No – why do I care what others think about what I post? As I said in Q2 – I post for me.
8. Have you never been mellow?
Only right after my babies were born – Birth Hormones are Great!!!!!!
9. If you were stranded on a deserted island, would you rather have a Kindle (assuming the island has Wi-Fi) or an endless supply of paper and pencils?
Assuming there is a powerpoint to recharge it -Kindle. Otherwise an unending supply of food would probably suffice. (What the heck do you do with paper and pencils?)
10. Are there any authors whose next book you would buy without any hesitation?
Erma Bombeck (however I think it unlikely she will be newly publishing from beyond the grave) or Pam Ayres – who can resist a great laugh. My buying style is just browse Kindle till something sparks my interest.
11. Are you happy?
On the everyday kind of level – Yes. On the Soul Completeness level – about 2/3rds there with my children, but I’m missing the final 1/3rd because my husband died over 12 years ago.