Winsome Wednesday

I love these shaggy Highland cows, their eyes hidden by their fringe.  Each time I see them I just want to hug them (which is a not the normal reaction that is elicited from me when I see a cow).  Somehow, the word winsome seems to fit just right.

Brown ShagWhite Shag

23 thoughts on “Winsome Wednesday

• Claudette 17/08/2016 / 9:31 pm

Pretty lucky he/she didn’t get zapped by the electric fence I thought.

1. skybright1 17/08/2016 / 9:28 pm

I just realised that he wants the moos news! {As you can see its time I was in bed!

2. Osyth 18/08/2016 / 12:48 am

Oh those moos are such lovelies .. Certainly winsome 🙂

• Osyth 19/08/2016 / 12:35 am

Amongst so many other things I do love that I have a kindred vache lover in you, Claudette 💫

• Claudette 19/08/2016 / 10:17 am

🙂 Perhaps in a past life I lived in India and was revered, which has led to my affinity for bovine kind.

3. Jesska 18/08/2016 / 3:05 am

Awww! They’re beauties 🙂
    I wanted to be a cow farmer before I realised how early they have to be up….

• Claudette 18/08/2016 / 9:32 am

🙂 Yes, milking at 6am on a winter morning can be a bit confronting. But having a steaming warm cow to lean into made a bit of difference.

• Jesska 18/08/2016 / 2:29 pm

I think they start at 5 here 😦
        When you say ‘steaming cows made a difference’, do you mean you had cows? And milked by hand? I would be jealous if it wasn’t for all the early mornings! 🙂

• Claudette 18/08/2016 / 2:31 pm

Yes, I had 2 milking cows (when my children were young) and I milked them by hand (usually only had one in milk at a time). 🙂

• Jesska 18/08/2016 / 2:36 pm

Wow! 🙂 that’s awesome 🙂 🙂 🙂 I am impressed (and a little bit jealous).
            We (my mother) had goats for a while, but we generally missed when they started weaning and the milk dried up 😦