Monthly Moments – August 2016

This month has been …strange.  So Abstract seems to be the theme.

13 thoughts on “Monthly Moments – August 2016

• Claudette 03/09/2016 / 12:26 pm

Thanks Lily. I had some fun with them. They were just photos of normal items around my house that I mutated in my editing software.

1. Lily 03/09/2016 / 3:41 am

Heehee, that’s *mesmerizing* (sorry, brain fog) 🙂

• Claudette 03/09/2016 / 12:26 pm

yeah, cotton wool is funny stuff when it’s in your head. I keep forgetting normal words at the moment.

• Lily 04/09/2016 / 1:06 am

I asked for a cup of ‘cheesy monkey’ this morning instead of a cup of mocha, so you’re not alone.

• Claudette 05/09/2016 / 6:51 pm

Oh Lily, I am mortified to think I was whingeing about my sleep issues. You are one hell of a woman, and mother. Be proud of yourself for your continuing “stick it where the sun don’t shine” attitude to your ills.

• Lily 06/09/2016 / 3:35 am

Claudette, I thank you. 🙂
                Sleep issues are a terrible thing. They can affect our every waking moment, from performing tasks to cognitive skills, so no need to be mortified. A small sleeping issue can turn into a major one, so whinge all you want. 🙂

• Claudette 06/09/2016 / 9:56 pm

Nope, I needed a wake-up call (how ironic!).
                  My sister has acute obstructive sleep apnea (or whatever the hell the medical term is) and basically suffocates herself 108 times on average a night, and is waiting for her CPAP, and also has chronic insomnia – and here I am whingeing about a short-term sleep/wake balance shortfall.
                  I’m climbing out of my wallow.

• Lily 07/09/2016 / 1:17 am

Sorry, but your opening line made me laugh.

Jeez, I have sleep apnea but nowhere near as bad as your sister. 4 times on average is frightening enough! Glad that she’s getting a CPAP machine. My friend has one but doesn’t use it because it’s “too noisy,” then complains that she’s had no sleep!
                    Nothing wrong with a little bit of wallowing. I do it often. The trick is not to get stuck in it. 🙂

• Claudette 07/09/2016 / 9:16 am

Was just thinking that this morning. Wallowing can improve your skin tone, rid you of parasites and keep you from getting sunburned (well, if you are a hippo) but if you stay in it forever you just look grubby 🙂