What covers us on the outside

What covers us on the outside,inverted-flower
may not be who we are on the inside.
If only our skin were like clothes,
to easily change when we desire.
But we come pre-packaged,
according to a code,
and those that do not feel the fit,
must need to take bold steps,
to match their outside to their in.

Β© ceenoa

15 thoughts on “What covers us on the outside

1. that little voice 13/11/2016 / 10:24 am

We are in a time when we have more freedom to be who we are. After the election, I can only hope we will retain that freedom during this upcoming administration.

2. Osyth 13/11/2016 / 1:44 pm

I absolutely love this …. and of course I relate to it ❀️

• Claudette 13/11/2016 / 9:31 pm

Thanks Osyth. Some of us are much different, some only a little. The freedom to be who you are should be a basic human right.

3. skybright1 13/11/2016 / 3:26 pm

This reminds me of this little couplet I composed a few years ago: “I’m always glad when I look within, And like the person inside my skin”.

{And although those flowers look lovely in blue, they were much truer to themselves in orange}

• Claudette 13/11/2016 / 9:32 pm

Ah, but perhaps the flowers really wanted to be blue. Sometimes we are not born who we wish to be.

• Claudette 13/11/2016 / 9:34 pm

I beleive it is so for many. Luckily I am one of those that are happy to have saggy, blotchy old skin and a crumpled nose – matches me on the inside perfectly πŸ˜‰

• Claudette 13/11/2016 / 9:36 pm

I agree Hugh, it is what is on the inside that is important, but being able to show that on the outside, without fear of rejection or judgement, is also very important.

• Claudette 14/11/2016 / 6:09 pm

Well, we each think we have problems unique to us πŸ™‚

4. Kat 15/11/2016 / 9:58 pm

Claudette, this is beautiful! It brings tears to my eyes because I think about so many who can’t be seen as the person they are inside because what covers them is so at odds with that.

• Claudette 16/11/2016 / 9:16 am

Thanks Kat. Yes, that was what I was trying to get across. Glad that it had meaning for you. Hugs for the tears.