Sunday Shots

watered-petunias-4bird-in-a-cagehimalayan-jasminegoat-next-doorjan-2017-sunset-1pine-conethistles-to-be-3

22 thoughts on “Sunday Shots

1. Brian Lageose 08/01/2017 / 6:28 pm

All of the shots are lovely, but the pic of the goat just cracks me up. (That is a goat, right? Or am I showing my ignorance?) Anyway, the look on the goat’s face says “this is MY piece of metal, and why the hell are you taking my picture?”. Too cute.

• Claudette 09/01/2017 / 5:53 pm

Yes Brian, it is a goat 🙂 He can keep his metal, I just want him to stay out of my garden (along with his wife and kids). I felt quite justified in taking his mug shot in view of his previous criminal past 😉

2. Dick Dastardly 08/01/2017 / 6:41 pm

Once again fantastic, beautiful photographs.
    You have a goat! Or is that your husband?😄
    My sister has animals on her small holding in Wales. She has horses, chickens, ducks and has had sheep at various times. She always said she wants to keep goats. No idea why she doesnt. Oh and a dog, a cat and goldfish.
    Have a lovely day

• Claudette 09/01/2017 / 5:55 pm

Thanks Dick. No, not my goat (or mu husband) – he belongs to the neighbours, and is a most bothersome animal (with his family). We did used to have many sorts of animals years ago, including goats. I don’t like them, they always want to eat what they shouldn’t and are very, very good at escaping.

• Dick Dastardly 09/01/2017 / 6:18 pm

Ah. Himalayan Jasmine. Thats what it is! I have the damned stuff in my garden. No idea where it came from. Spreads like crazy. Like you say, slaughter it and it just bounces back worse than ever. Bees seem to like it though. I’m still gonna kill it before it takes over the garden.
        I think my sister decided against goats for the same reason as you.
        Have a great day

• Claudette 09/01/2017 / 6:20 pm

I find it easy to pull out when it is little, but once it gets bigger it’s hard. The birds love the little berries, which is what does the spreading. I know the goat next door thinks it is a delicacy 🙂

• Claudette 09/01/2017 / 5:55 pm

Than you very much. Yes, that petunia was showing off, but they are fading a little now in the summer heat.

3. lindywhitton 08/01/2017 / 8:35 pm

Love them all of course! But what is the pink flower 3rd one down? The goat sure has attitude!

• Claudette 09/01/2017 / 5:58 pm

Himilayan Jasmine – has canes like bamboo, grows rampantly, good for hiding sheds, fences. Seeds everywhere, slaughter it down to the ground and it comes back again.

• Claudette 09/01/2017 / 5:58 pm

Thanks Ruth, I do love photographing thistles, I don’t like digging them out though.

4. that little voice 09/01/2017 / 9:12 am

I’m with Brian…the goat is great. But the first pix is my very favorite. The water drops on the flower…breathtaking.

• Claudette 09/01/2017 / 6:00 pm

Thanks Margo, it was very pretty. I had just watered them because it was going to be a hot day, and then the drops caught my eye and I had to take a photo.

5. Lily 10/01/2017 / 3:14 am

The look on that goat’s face is the same look my Spawn often gives me…disdain.
    The picture of the rusting garden bird, stands out the most for me. There’s a kind of fading beauty to it.

• Claudette 10/01/2017 / 6:26 pm

Think that look is a child special 🙂 I have two of these pyramids, and I like them a lot.

6. Quirky Girl 10/01/2017 / 10:39 am

That goat sure looks like he’s up to mischief. I’m curious to know whether he walked away peacefully after the mug shot, or caused a bit of mayhem first. 😄

• Claudette 10/01/2017 / 6:26 pm

Ah, he is chained up – elsewise he would be creating mayhem again in my garden.

7. suzyjbarker 13/01/2017 / 11:39 pm

I love your photographs Claudette. I particularly like the goat in this post. So far as new things are concerned, an open mind is the only option. If your mind’s open sooner or later an idea will pop right in and blow your mind! Take care.

• Claudette 14/01/2017 / 9:42 am

Thanks for your lovely comment Suzy, glad you like them. Yes, I’m keeping an open mind – maybe things will change, maybe they won’t 🙂

• Claudette 05/05/2017 / 6:18 pm

Thanks Justine. Had a quick look at your blog and am now following you. You have some lovely photos there, so am gong back for a deeper look soon.