New Phone/Camera Testing

Yep, got a new mobile, and the camera is quite nice too.

30 thoughts on “New Phone/Camera Testing

1. Quirky Girl 20/04/2017 / 11:20 pm

I love the purple petunia (the 5th image). The lighting makes for such a stunning effect! 😊

• Claudette 21/04/2017 / 6:28 pm

Thanks. I admit to loving them too, there are 3 different colour variations on the one plant.

• Claudette 21/04/2017 / 6:32 pm

Oh, just realised that you might have thought that the white spots are light effects, they are not, that is the actual flower.

2. that little voice 21/04/2017 / 6:37 am

Oh wow, these pics are great! My iPhone 5S doesn’t get this quality of close up shots. How are distance pics with your new phone?

• Claudette 21/04/2017 / 6:28 pm

Haven’t really tried any of them yet. May put that on my to do list for this weekend. Will post some if they are good.

3. Brian Lageose 21/04/2017 / 6:38 am

These are all lovely, but I agree with Quirky Girl that the 5th image is stunning. It could easily work on the cover of a science fiction novel…

• Claudette 21/04/2017 / 6:30 pm

The plant variation is called “starry Night”. I like the streakier version a little more, but on the whole bush it looks very striking to see them all together. Going to write some SciFi then Brian?

• Claudette 21/04/2017 / 6:33 pm

Yes, that was a nice coincidence. Not actually good technique, but I loved it.

• Claudette 21/04/2017 / 6:34 pm

I bought a ZTE Axon 7, Hugh. I bought it because I needed a dual sim phone, but the bonus is that it has a 20mp front camera (and a lovely slow-mo effect that I have been playing with in the video capture).

4. bythebriny 22/04/2017 / 3:04 am

Lovely photos! Camera phones have come such a long way, but of course the photographer is the most important part of the equation. 🙂

5. RuthsArc 22/04/2017 / 11:54 am

Lovely photos from your phone, Claudette. That peony is stunning. It’s good to know that the phone is capable of good quality images, as we don’t always have a camera with us, but we can still take photos of things that grab our attention on the spur of the moment.

• Claudette 23/04/2017 / 10:02 am

ou mean the red flower Ruth? That is actually a rose – Red Climbing Pierre Ronsard, always very dense flowerheads that last many weeks open. Sadly it is prone to rotting in the buds, but as it is so prolific flowering it really doesn’t matter to loose some.

• RuthsArc 23/04/2017 / 10:27 am

Petunia ??? the starry night one! Interesting about the rose though.

• Claudette 23/04/2017 / 10:30 am

Ah, yes, that is a glorious plant. (I did wonder if that’s what you meant, but then the rose struck me as looking like a Peony when I looked at it again) 🙂

6. peacekathure 24/04/2017 / 2:41 am

Brilliant camera…the pictures look amazing!! And I do agree with the raving reviews the fifth pic got, pretty stunning!!
    The sleepy kitty just tagged so hard on my heartstrings 🙂

7. Lily 27/04/2017 / 6:34 am

The 5th image is stunning! And I love the reflection of the sunlight on the last picture.

• Claudette 27/04/2017 / 6:11 pm

Yes, that Petunia is the clear winner. I hope t’s not reading my blog – it will get a swollen ego. 🙂

8. Kat 28/04/2017 / 9:02 pm

Your pictures are beautiful! Isn’t it amazing what a really good phone camera can do? 🙂