I had Plans …..

Yesterday was such a lovely Spring day that I foolishly made Plans for today.  I was going to get out in the garden, plant plants, mow the lawn, spray the weeds (I even stopped and bought a backpack sprayer on the way home yesterday).  However, my Plans are not to be, as a fine misty drizzle has settled in. Oh well, inside it is then, now, where’s the alcohol ….inks!

Front Garden

14 thoughts on “I had Plans …..

1. Osyth 04/10/2017 / 12:27 pm

Don her pretty frock before long and let you spend replenishing time in the garden. Meantime I’m sure you’ve been creating something lovely inside ☺

• Claudette 05/10/2017 / 7:12 pm

:0 Nope, on both counts. More rain today and no creativity from me yesterday – oh well, the weekend may work

2. Brian Lageose 04/10/2017 / 2:53 pm

Misty drizzle or not, I would relish sitting on that bench right now. Lovely setting…

• Claudette 05/10/2017 / 7:15 pm

Thanks Brian, I do love my garden, it is especially good at looking attractive unless you get close up to it. You are welcome to sit in my garden any time you like.

3. Jesska 04/10/2017 / 5:57 pm

!!!

Your garden is much bigger than I thought it was! That’s a lot of lawn to mow 🙂

I’ve mostly given up on planning.. making plans tend to mean the things I intend to do don’t happen 😉

• Claudette 05/10/2017 / 7:17 pm

Yes, it’s an acre and a half, mostly grass. It takes a lot of mowing in the Spring (whihc is why I am bemoaning the weather), luckily I have a ride on, but it still takes hours. Let’s not even talk about the weeds!

Plans are things that really shouldn’t happen, which is why they mostly don’t!

4. Dick Dastardly 04/10/2017 / 8:14 pm

I like your garden. The planting looks fantastic. You’re absolutely right – too wet to garden? Drinking wine is a fine substitute. The next day will be fine.

• Claudette 05/10/2017 / 7:19 pm

Thanks Dick. It is a mirage garden 🙂 in that, it looks better from a a distance than up close. up close it is a mass of weeds waiting to be cleaned edges trimmed, bulbs transplanted. It is wet again today, and forecast for the next week or so, my ground is clay subsoil so it’s hanging around like a lagoon. Oh, well, maybe I better go buy that wine for the weekend. 🙂

5. C. J. Hartwell 05/10/2017 / 2:46 pm

What a beautiful garden! Come on, you love any excuse to stay inside with your inks, right?! 😄

• Claudette 05/10/2017 / 7:21 pm

I do, but I can see the grass growing now – which always triggers my “mowing” frenzy. If I don’t get to it soon it will be so high and thick that it takes about 4 times longer to cut, having to stop and clean the ride-on deck out every 1/2 hr or so. 1.5 acres is a LOT of grass. Rain, rain and more rain is forecast so I don’t think I will be getting to it this weekend either.

6. wdfyfe 06/10/2017 / 9:07 am

Wow! What a wonderful place. Any chance of getting a job as a garden gnome?