Still Moments

Raindrops on Camellia (2)
Raindrops on Camellia
Horeshoes
Horseshoes
Raindrops on Camellia (1)
Dark Sparkle
Raindrops on Camellia (3)
Camellia
Raindrops on Hellebore
Hellebore

20 thoughts on “Still Moments

• Claudette 09/10/2017 / 7:49 pm

I did, on Saturday, all except maybe an 1/8th. Only very rough, but at least it might be better if I can get out again this weekend.

1. wdfyfe 08/10/2017 / 11:34 am

Dark Sparkle – Wow! You need to start a line of greeting cards

2. lindywhitton 08/10/2017 / 4:56 pm

love the rain after effects- and your photos xox

3. Osyth 08/10/2017 / 5:18 pm

Your artful pictures have me gasping …. the flowers of course but my favourite is the horseshoes. My they bring you luck 🙂

• Claudette 09/10/2017 / 7:51 pm

Thanks Osyth. I loved finding them, over the early years, in the small creek that edges my property. Must have been a blacksmith upstream at sometime.

• Osyth 09/10/2017 / 8:47 pm

One of the things that travels with me everywhere, however temporary the digs, is a horseshoe I found out walking with my grandmother many years ago. We found lots of horseshoes over the years but this one, for some reason, she told me must be nailed over the door of my forever home. It never has been but when I find that place I will know because the horseshoe will ask to be nailed above it’s door 🙂

• Claudette 10/10/2017 / 7:36 pm

I like that thought – it WILL tel you, and you will live contentedly in that spot forever more.

• Osyth 11/10/2017 / 1:07 am

I know it. That Granny (not the one I have written about) was quite fey so I have always believed her statements and never been let down yet!

• Claudette 09/10/2017 / 7:51 pm

Thanks Dick, think it is mine too, just loved the contrast.

4. Brian Lageose 10/10/2017 / 4:56 pm

I’m with Osyth. Those horseshoes and that wonderful bit of wood. Gorgeous texture…

• Claudette 10/10/2017 / 7:37 pm

Thank you Brian. I do love some scavenged dead tree in my garden. And the rust is made to go with weathered wood.

5. Quirky Girl 13/10/2017 / 7:05 am

That second image of the glistening red Camellia is gorgeous… and yet, I find myself strangely drawn to the mysterious beauty of the Dark Sparkle image…

• Claudette 13/10/2017 / 6:24 pm

Haha, yes, sometimes what we like is inexplicable. Dark Sparkle is the same flower, just has no colour 🙂