January Gallery

January has been a month of outside vs inside

garden and art.

Trying to choose between them can be hard.

Like finding the balance between light and dark.

Resin Table

So when I find time for both it is wonderful.

25 thoughts on “January Gallery

1. Quirky Girl 31/01/2018 / 10:39 am

Finding the balance between light and dark… It’s a great approach in art, and a highly effective approach in life, as a whole. 😊

• Claudette 01/02/2018 / 6:33 pm

Yep, sometimes the wobble is all that makes you realise you have “veered” πŸ™‚

2. skybright1 31/01/2018 / 12:10 pm

There’s always the two sides to everything, sometimes the balance gets a little skewed but sometimes the balance hits the ideal and then everything zings!
    Great pics and lovely art!

3. CJ Hartwell 31/01/2018 / 3:43 pm

The best part of all, you don’t have to choose – you can enjoy both! And so can we, through your pictures. ☺️

• Claudette 01/02/2018 / 6:36 pm

Well, sometimes I do, or I try to do, some of both in the same day. Glad you liked the photos.

4. Miriam 31/01/2018 / 10:22 pm

Your outside is beautiful and is probably fueling inspiration for the inside which is equally beautiful. A perfect balance in my books. πŸ’–

• Claudette 01/02/2018 / 6:37 pm

Thank you Miriam. I do live in a lovely piece of a lovely place. I am always glad that this is my spot.

5. Roos Ruse 01/02/2018 / 6:04 am

I got to enjoy your breathtaking images before my connection crashed. It’s a great day to enjoy both outside and inside.

• Claudette 01/02/2018 / 6:39 pm

Sorry your internet crashed, but glad you liked my pics. We are having some lovely summer weather here, although it is a bit up and down (37C one day then snow above 1000m 3 days later)!! Just a little weird

• Roos Ruse 02/02/2018 / 12:46 am

Thank you, Claudette. There is much to catch up on, so I enjoy visiting your blog. Your photographic style is my kind of eye candy πŸ˜‰ I’m enjoying what’s normal spring-like weather here on a ranch in the southeast corner of the northwest, USA. being rather remote, internet crashes are common, but some of the perks make it worthwhile. I can always drive to town for wifi and fresh Kodak moments. I’m glad to meet you.

• Claudette 02/02/2018 / 5:57 pm

Glad to meet you too. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

6. lindywhitton 01/02/2018 / 9:00 pm

Great set here. A couple are outstanding !

7. Brian Lageose 02/02/2018 / 9:48 am

All great, but with this batch I’m most drawn to “Acrylic Paint on Canvas”. It almost looks like a sinister bundt cake, leading us into temptation…

• Claudette 02/02/2018 / 6:00 pm

ok, not sure I am seeing cake, but whatever floats your snack tray is ok. (sure you’re not relapsing and having delusions of sinister bundt cake? )
      I actually see the heart of a lily-like flower (but that’s just me. Also, in reality this is a very small panting, only a couple inches high and wide, the pic on the screen does make it look intimidating.

• Claudette 08/02/2018 / 8:45 pm

I admit that the colour of the table is a bit more lively from the reflection of the umbrella – but hey, it makes me feel like that when I sit out there. Thanks WD

8. Melissa Gillan 10/02/2018 / 8:19 am

Some of that artwork reminds me of beautiful batik fabrics I have worked with in the past, stunning! Lazing Limpet made me smile, sweet!

• Claudette 10/02/2018 / 8:55 am

Thanks Melissa. I do like the abstract patterns in batik too. Limpet is a sweet little cat, she follows me when I am in the garden trying to make me pat her (I’m allergic, so she often doesn’t succeed, but she keeps trying).

9. Ali 11/02/2018 / 3:08 am

Wow. Those coasters are stunning. And the table-top.

• Claudette 11/02/2018 / 10:57 am

Hi Ali, thanks for the lovely compliment. I enjoyed making them. Just had a squizzy at your blog, which looks delightful, and as I am an “sometime” gardener I think it will be interesting to me, so have pressed follow. Hope your weekend is fantastic.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w