Gaia and Luna

Gaia, earthbound beauty, bathed all in light
speaks softly to Luna, her pale sister of night
“I’ve a horrible feeling all over my skin
I’ve just heard of Humanity, can you look and see,
if something hideous is crawling on me?”

created for the Gargleblaster 42 word Challenge “Is something crawling on me?”

20 thoughts on “Gaia and Luna

1. KymmInBarcelona 13/05/2014 / 10:23 pm

LOL Just barely managed to keep water from spurting all over the keyboard. Love it!

2. Thewitch 13/05/2014 / 10:43 pm

You are a very brilliant lady!! Loving this!! Now going to try one myself!! 😀

• Claudette 14/05/2014 / 7:18 am

Thank you, Oh Witchy One. They are fun to do, limiting the words is a bit tricky, but still fun.

• Claudette 14/05/2014 / 7:18 am

Thanks Maria, sometimes I’m not, and you don’t see the words that get scrapped in the drafts, but thank you.

3. Hugh's Views and News 13/05/2014 / 11:44 pm

Very clever. I could never do this. I’ve tried, but can’t seem to get anything less than 100 words! I put it down to an over active mind whilst writing. All the words want to stay and, try as I can to try and persuade some of them to leave, they just will not!

• Claudette 14/05/2014 / 7:20 am

This is great for me, not good at long pieces, I lose interest/run out of words – which is strange because I talk, a lot! Thanks Hugh.

4. innatejames 14/05/2014 / 1:44 am

A unique and fun answer to the question, Claudette! It seems most submissions went for dark and scary – yours is refreshing

• Claudette 14/05/2014 / 7:15 am

Thanks james, yours scared the bugs out of me, quite creepy – in a good-writing kkind of way, obviously. Haven’t found time to look at the rest of them yet, always so many other things to read. I like the challenge of only 42 words, makes me think.

• Claudette 15/05/2014 / 7:53 am

Thanks James, feeling pretty chuffed that someone liked it enough for that, especially because all the others were great bits of writing.
      Did I ask you to do a “Guesting Questions” feature on my second blog? I would really love you too, if you can. Nikki is up for this week, and hoping you can do one for next Saturday, then Hugh is the week after that. Let me know how you feel about that

• innatejames 15/05/2014 / 7:56 am

You can call me Nate 🙂 James is my surname. I’d love to do your feature. That’s the one where I ask you a question that I may never get an answer to, yes?

• Claudette 15/05/2014 / 8:04 am

Sorry about the name, I get a bit confused sometimes. 🙂
          Yes, the question can be about anything, just know that you might not get an answer, or you can provide your own selection of answers that I will put in a poll for people to choose from (hopefully, if I get more people going to the blog). Silly of serious is entirely up to you. Thanks, Nate.

5. NS 15/05/2014 / 5:59 am

These were magical words! Loved it!!

• Claudette 15/05/2014 / 7:39 am

Sometimes things just seem to roll of the fingers onto the keypad – luckily this was one of them. Thank you for your kind words.