17 thoughts on “Pudding

• Claudette 07/12/2015 / 9:08 am

Yep, tradition in our family. When we were little we all had to stir our wishes into the puddings as mum made them. I have carried that through to my family, so yesterday the girls and I all stirred, and wished, and then licked the bowl. 🙂 As I write now, the smell this morning in my kitchen is very Christmassy.

• Jesska 07/12/2015 / 9:25 am

We stirred our wishes into the Christmas cake, but we never made puddings. We licked the bowl out too, but also ate a lot of the cake mixture when mum wasn’t looking (or was at least pretending not to see) – I still think it tastes better than the finished cake 🙂 And we weren’t fans of silicone bowl scrapers when they came out – there was hardly anything left to lick after they’d done a once-over…

• Claudette 08/12/2015 / 9:34 am

🙂 yep fingers are always best for cake mixture.

1. skybright1 06/12/2015 / 8:06 pm

Arrrgh…Now you have made my pudding finger itchy! Drat! But I’m good at resisting itchiness!

• Claudette 07/12/2015 / 9:08 am

Better not come to visit me then – the smell will make you itch worse. 🙂

2. Osyth 07/12/2015 / 2:43 am

Those are adorable! And mmmmm I can imagine the fragrance and flavour from here 🙂

3. Hugh's Views and News 07/12/2015 / 3:13 am

I’m betting your house is smelling all Christmasy today, Claudette. We’re making our Christmas puddings and cake this week 🎅

4. kazg10 16/12/2015 / 8:22 am

Ah I can almost smell Christmas and taste it as well. Have a wonderful Christmas Claudette to you and your family xx

5. Marigold 20/12/2015 / 9:26 pm

How exciting! We’ve never used muslin for our puddings – always just left them in the pots with aluminium foil over the top! Always delicious. What does the muslin do?

• Claudette 21/12/2015 / 1:27 pm

Hi Marigold, I boil mine in the cloth – mixture into cloth then into pot for 4 hours. After cooking I hang them up (still in the cloth) so that the smell permeates the whole kitchen (at least for the first couple of days until my nose adjusts and then I can’t smell them).

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )