Pudding

Christmas is coming
the puddings getting cooked
aroma filling up the kitchen
as I’m cleaning up the bowl
with sneaky finger licking
the mixture tastes so good.

Christmas Puddings 2015

17 thoughts on “Pudding

• Claudette 07/12/2015 / 9:08 am

Yep, tradition in our family. When we were little we all had to stir our wishes into the puddings as mum made them. I have carried that through to my family, so yesterday the girls and I all stirred, and wished, and then licked the bowl. 🙂 As I write now, the smell this morning in my kitchen is very Christmassy.

• Jesska 07/12/2015 / 9:25 am

We stirred our wishes into the Christmas cake, but we never made puddings. We licked the bowl out too, but also ate a lot of the cake mixture when mum wasn’t looking (or was at least pretending not to see) – I still think it tastes better than the finished cake 🙂 And we weren’t fans of silicone bowl scrapers when they came out – there was hardly anything left to lick after they’d done a once-over…

• Claudette 08/12/2015 / 9:34 am

🙂 yep fingers are always best for cake mixture.

1. skybright1 06/12/2015 / 8:06 pm

Arrrgh…Now you have made my pudding finger itchy! Drat! But I’m good at resisting itchiness!

• Claudette 07/12/2015 / 9:08 am

Better not come to visit me then – the smell will make you itch worse. 🙂

2. Osyth 07/12/2015 / 2:43 am

Those are adorable! And mmmmm I can imagine the fragrance and flavour from here 🙂

3. Hugh's Views and News 07/12/2015 / 3:13 am

I’m betting your house is smelling all Christmasy today, Claudette. We’re making our Christmas puddings and cake this week 🎅

4. kazg10 16/12/2015 / 8:22 am

Ah I can almost smell Christmas and taste it as well. Have a wonderful Christmas Claudette to you and your family xx

5. Marigold 20/12/2015 / 9:26 pm

How exciting! We’ve never used muslin for our puddings – always just left them in the pots with aluminium foil over the top! Always delicious. What does the muslin do?

• Claudette 21/12/2015 / 1:27 pm

Hi Marigold, I boil mine in the cloth – mixture into cloth then into pot for 4 hours. After cooking I hang them up (still in the cloth) so that the smell permeates the whole kitchen (at least for the first couple of days until my nose adjusts and then I can’t smell them).