Emotography – Week 3/2016

Rose and Raindrops (2)

Relief

the storm broke
sweet relief fell from the sky
and the dry earth raised her face to revel in its passing
dusty colours washed sharp
smell of warm damp earth intoxicating
the glory of rain in summer

© ceenoa

***********************************************************************

If you would like to participate with your own Emotography post, and I would really love you to, check out my post EPE Invitation where I explain what it all means, and tell you how to do so.

10 thoughts on “Emotography – Week 3/2016

1. RuthsArc 29/01/2016 / 6:50 pm

I love this Claudette. Oh the joy of scents during the rain. Sorry I missed out on Emotography this week. Quotes took up my time 🙂

• Claudette 30/01/2016 / 10:04 am

No problems Ruth, it’s all just for fun, so no pressure to it. I love the smell of rain on the hot dry earth – even the word that describes it is interest (but for the moment I have forgotten it).

2. skybright1 29/01/2016 / 8:21 pm

Loved the pic, and the poem was so well expressed with lovely words about an everyday event!

• Claudette 30/01/2016 / 10:06 am

Thanks. I really liked the photo, it’s always hard to get a good one of that rose, but the raindrops caught my eye.

3. skybright1 29/01/2016 / 8:27 pm

I have got lost in when an Emotography week starts and ends, can you enlighten me please?

• Claudette 30/01/2016 / 10:07 am

Thursday to Thursday. I am supposed to post on a Thursday (but I was late this week), and I put out the Showcase on a Friday for the previous weeks participants.

• Claudette 30/01/2016 / 10:17 am

I can understand why, that’s a lot of stairs. Thanks for joining in again Sue.