The DEED will be done AGAIN

It’s that time of year again – Shave Time!

March 12th is the date this year when will be shaving head, right down to a No.1, for the Worlds Greatest Shave. Any money I raise will go to the Leukemia Foundation here in Australia, to help those suffering from cancer.

My daughter, my 80 year old Mother and I have again formed a team and hope to raise more than last years total of $3694 (all raised in 2 weeks).  For every  sponsor I get from Blogland I plan to donate another $10, so if you are kind enough to donate please leave a comment.

If you would like to sponsor me to help raise money for a worthy cause, and want to see my “bald” photos, -well, even if you don’t want to see my bald photos – you can donate on my profile page on the Leukemia Foundation website.

This post shows what I looked like last year, and the poem I wrote about the experience.

Ceenoa

my hair is gone
and fallen
upon the salon floor
black & grey
fine curly strands
adorn my head no more.

I feel quite liberated
like a weight has been removed
I could dance the light fandango
and get right in the groove
I highly recommend it
being bald’s the way to go.

View original post

10 thoughts on “The DEED will be done AGAIN

1. Osyth 25/02/2016 / 3:20 am

I had leukaemia and managed not to lose my hair. Recently I lost 2/3 of it due to an anxiety disorder. Irony. Thank you for doing this. I will sponsor you of course. Why on earth would anyone not sponsor you and your mum and daughter …. it’s a fantastic cause and a hugely appropriate gesture. I send love and respect.

• Claudette 25/02/2016 / 5:25 pm

Thanks Osyth. I am hoping that you are in permanent remission then. My niece-in-law also had L, but she lost all her hair, but survived.
      Giving up my hair is a small thing to do to try and make the world a better place for those with this disease, and honestly, it is soooo much easier to look after a bald head 🙂

• Osyth 27/02/2016 / 6:18 am

I had my first visit with the oncologist here on Monday. I was dreading it having only ever seen my specialist in London. But she was/is wonderful. Gave me a clean bill of bloods the following day and I will see her again in 6 which will leave me one more year before she waves me off as recovered.

2. RuthsArc 25/02/2016 / 12:53 pm

Very happy to sponsor you, as not brave enough to try the bald look myself.

• Claudette 25/02/2016 / 5:26 pm

Thanks Ruth. You could look at it as an opportunity to try all those differently styled wigs 🙂
      If only I could actually find one that sits on my head right, without looking wiggish 🙂

3. Brian Lageose 05/03/2016 / 3:00 pm

I somehow missed this post the first time, but I’m glad I caught it and did my little bit…

• Claudette 05/03/2016 / 8:31 pm