A Strangers Hands – A Short Paragraph Story

Waiting on the bed in an unfamiliar room, clothes draped on the chair, I thought again about the decision that had brought me here.  It was so unlike me (or the me of recent years) to do this, had I made a mistake?  Did I give in too easily to the suggestion?  Perhaps I should have waited longer, tried to find another way to ease the hurt.  Could a strangers hands really give me release from this pain I carried with me?  Well, I had paid for an hour, no sense in wasting the money without sampling the goods.  Their touch is part pleasure, part pain, but I endure it because sometimes you just have to resort to a remedial massage to fix your neck!

26 thoughts on “A Strangers Hands – A Short Paragraph Story

1. Osyth 23/11/2016 / 3:28 am

I love these little twisters you give us …. you are quite the maestro at them!

• Claudette 23/11/2016 / 8:50 am

Wonderful thanks for your kind compliment. I had to be a little reserved in the leadup to this one as my Mum follows my blog, but I think it worked OK.

• Osyth 23/11/2016 / 8:51 am

Mostly is a pretty good average for this one, I rather think 🙂

• Osyth 23/11/2016 / 8:53 am

It worked REALLY well …. I prepared, briefly to blush and then you gracefully intervened with the actual need for hands on your body!

2. Lily 23/11/2016 / 4:43 am

I had all these scenarios running through my head whilst reading this…I was WAY off.
    Love the twist at the end.

• Claudette 23/11/2016 / 8:53 am

Oh Lily, please do tell me what nefarious thoughts you were having 🙂 I know what I was trying to make people think, but did it work? 🙂 😉

• Lily 24/11/2016 / 3:24 am

My thoughts were nothing too lascivious (for once) or nefarious. Maybe a midnight tryst with an illicit paramour…okay, my thoughts were lascivious and nefarious…

3. skybright1 23/11/2016 / 4:44 pm

Well, of course it worked. But being your mother I KNEW it was not going to lead to “something else”. why? because I know YOU! {Of course I can always “disconnect” from your blog!!!!!

4. Jude 04/12/2016 / 10:49 pm

My neck is a wreck – that could be the start of a poem! (my neck really is a wreck). Was your post just for a fun piece of writing or did you really get your neck manipulated? 🙂

• Jude 06/12/2016 / 5:55 am

Think I might try again – maybe a different chiropractor this time! 😵

• Claudette 06/12/2016 / 8:59 pm

Just had my second visit yesterday, she is very gentle and has a “clicky” thing that she uses and doesn’t crack you as some do. It seems to being doing a good job on me.

• Claudette 06/12/2016 / 8:56 pm

You are kind to say so. I have a few others like this, I like the concept of short and sweet, and the twist I work into them.

• Claudette 07/12/2016 / 5:55 pm

It’s pretty good and seems to do the trick. I aske dher how it works and she said it is a just a much faster version of what they do with hands – expanding the space between wherever the sore bit is. All I hear is a click, and a teensy little flick on the skin (or do I only think i feel that when I hear the click?)