G & T (Gratitude & Thankfulness)

Nope, never drank Gin – or Tonic.  🙂

I read a delightful post today from Kat over at  Dandelion Fuzz about Thankfulness and it has prompted me to do my own.

I am grateful today for:

• being woken at 6.30pm by my 7 month old grandson, hearing his burbling and seeing his smiling little face as I gave him his bottle.
  • seeing the sun rise – the light was magical
  • being able to share my silliness with my 2 wonderful children, and they don’t get embarrassed by me (or if they do, they don’t admit it!)
  • having a camera, so that I can create photos that I enjoy (and remember those moments for much longer than my brain usually retains things for!)
  • instagram – makes sharing my photos fun, and seeing other peoples amazing photos is fabulous.  It wasn’t so long ago I was not a fan of instagram, I couldn’t see the point of it (and I still don’t understand why you would have a profile full of selfies every second shot, did you forget what you looked like?)
  • my morning latte coffee – the only cup I have each day – it may only be Nescafe, but I enjoy it (I just wish they would bring back the Salted Caramel Latte version, it was super yum)
  • colour – I love it, from the subtle tones to the flagrant flares

gladiolicloud-highlights-1the-ram-next-door-3camellia-1

20 thoughts on “G & T (Gratitude & Thankfulness)

1. C. J. Hartwell 29/01/2017 / 9:58 am

The simplest things are often the best, right?
    That ram — mighty impressive horns! But then I suppose he knows that!

• Claudette 30/01/2017 / 5:46 pm

If he judges by the size of the bits I didn’t show – then yes, he knows it! 🙂

2. Quirky Girl 29/01/2017 / 10:06 am

I love color. Especially bright, cheerful ones. And I especially love gorgeous sunrises and sunsets. So magical. 🙂

• Claudette 30/01/2017 / 5:47 pm

Colour is what makes the world such a tolerable (and wonderful) place.

3. Kat 29/01/2017 / 10:11 am

What a great list! Those grandbabies are the greatest thing ever! 🙂 And those colors are so vivid! It’s nice to sit down and think that we have so much to be grateful for.

I’m glad my post prompted you to write! 🙂

• Claudette 30/01/2017 / 5:48 pm

I’m glad your post prompted me too, Kat. Yes, those grandbabies are a most wonderful invention 😉

4. skybright1 29/01/2017 / 3:31 pm

Thanks for jogging my memory Ceenoa! A few years ago I was challenged to write a “Gratitude Book”:to note each day something that I was thankful for. Its a great heart gratitude-getter and I recommend it to anyone to help recognise from the smallest to the largest things that bless our “lucky” lives every single day! I will start to write again today! pics are lovely as always, I think you are safer with that fence between you and the lord of the field!

• Claudette 30/01/2017 / 5:52 pm

I can’t do the writing, but I will do the thinking!
      He was actually a very polite ram – but the horns are fearsome.

5. Lily 30/01/2017 / 8:06 am

Mmm, Salted Caramel Latte. What happened to those? What a great list. It’s always the little things that bring a smile to the face and a feeling of the warm and fuzzies to the heart.

• Claudette 30/01/2017 / 5:56 pm

They were on the shelf for about a fortnight – and I haven’t seen them since, at any supermarket – very depressing. Why do they do that?
      The little things are what makes the fuzzies stick to your heart (as buzzies stick to the fur – note: must take photo of buzzies).

• Lily 31/01/2017 / 8:15 am

I’ve noticed that when a new product is successful, they no longer stock it. There must be some kind of insane logic to it.

• Claudette 31/01/2017 / 6:03 pm

Yeah, they are morons – or they are sadistically inflicting their repressed maniacal tendencies via this method – they want to up our rage quotient so they don’t feel alone in their anger. ….or not!

6. RuthsArc 30/01/2017 / 10:13 pm

It does us good to stop and appreciate, especially when the day starts so wonderfully as yours did.

7. lindywhitton 30/01/2017 / 10:31 pm

There’s a lot to be G&T for. Like your list and look forwrd to the grandbabies one day! Maybe….

• Claudette 31/01/2017 / 6:00 pm

Hoping you will have that opportunity – you can always borrow Noah – he likes people.

• Claudette 08/02/2017 / 8:26 am

Hello the lovely Osyth, thanks for your sweet words. Hope you are well in whichever corner of the world you are now residing in 🙂

• Osyth 08/02/2017 / 6:01 pm

I’m very well … it’s been a taxing couple of months, constantly moving from one place to another seeing family, moving to a tiny hotel apartment but now finally in our home for the next 5-6 months and loving it. We are right in the centre of the City which is very unlike me but the different perspective is really stimulating and now that all my things are put away to my OCD satisfaction I might even manage to post on my blog again!