Feathered

P.S.  Do you see how the Cow fits the theme?

24 thoughts on “Feathered

• Claudette 02/05/2017 / 6:37 pm

🙂 Well, there used to be a hairdo that was called “feathered” – looked a bit like the cow here. But I might be stretching the theme a weeny little bit but that, the cow is wearing a more “shag” do I guess. OR, it could be feathers and fur!

• Claudette 03/05/2017 / 4:49 pm

Ah, thanks Dick. I’m slightly less bald than I was – my hair has grown to about a centimetre now – certainly doesn’t look like feathers on me, more like porcupine prickles!

• Claudette 02/05/2017 / 6:39 pm

Gold Star to you – that is exactly it. 🙂 Phew, glad someone else got it, was a bit worried I was on my lonesome on the hair thing.

• Claudette 03/05/2017 / 4:56 pm

🙂 Um, assuming you are actually talking about the duck? I think they probably have a lot of “cousin love” going on in their family, which has led to a shallow gene pool 🙂 (p.s. I actually think it might be a Muscovy Duck, but not sure, it’s not mine)

• C. J. Hartwell 04/05/2017 / 3:55 am

Yes, it was the duck I was talking about. Never heard of the Muscovy, but that might be it. I figured it was just a duck with low standards. 😉

• Claudette 04/05/2017 / 6:35 pm

Oh, I’m pretty sure it has low standards, they are actually much closer to the ground than normal ducks, literally and morally!

1. Olga 03/05/2017 / 3:56 am

The egret is a beauty. Loved the feathered shag on the cow. Wonderful post, Claudette. ❤

• Claudette 03/05/2017 / 5:00 pm

Thanks Olga, I’m glad you liked it. I do love the cow hairdo, they carry it off so well.

• Claudette 04/05/2017 / 6:28 pm

Hi Ruth, thanks. Those cows are very trendy with their sidelocks 😉

2. Justine Taylor Photography 05/05/2017 / 1:32 pm

The photo of the bird with the long pointed beak with a purple background (I’m at a loss for the name at the moment), is absolutely stunning!

• Claudette 05/05/2017 / 6:21 pm

What a lovely thing to say. 🙂 The bird is a stork. This one makes me feel “faeryland fae” – of the darker kind. I love what a simple inversion of a photo can show you, all the hidden colours underneath reality.

3. Justine Taylor Photography 05/05/2017 / 1:33 pm

The photo of the bird with the long, pointed beak surrounded by a purple background (I’m at a loss for it’s name at the moment) is absolutely stunning!