Colour me weekend …

16 thoughts on “Colour me weekend …

1. Osyth 05/08/2017 / 9:32 pm

How delicious those are …. I see them printed onto silk and worn as scarves or dresses – red shoes would be the perfect accessory red 👠 😉

• Claudette 06/08/2017 / 6:59 pm

Red shoes are always the perfect accessory 🙂 Delicious is a good word for the colours, I am looking forward to getting some new colours when they finally arrive in Aus from Spain, and red will be one of them.

• Osyth 06/08/2017 / 7:21 pm

I look forward to seeing the results some time after that 😊

2. Miriam 05/08/2017 / 10:41 pm

Thanks for brightening my day. These are stunning. 🌷🌸

• Claudette 06/08/2017 / 7:00 pm

Thanks Miriam. Glad they made your day brighter, they did it to mine too.

• Claudette 06/08/2017 / 7:00 pm

Thanks Ruth, appreciate your encouragement.

• Claudette 06/08/2017 / 7:01 pm

I do know that some people get them printed onto material, cushions, bags and such. Reckon it might be a bit costly though.

3. Timelesslady 06/08/2017 / 10:21 pm

Wow…these are great. Did you mix a medium of some kind with the acrylics to enable them to mix so well? I would love to try something like this with my grandchildren. I think they would pronounce such a project, “AWESOME!”

• Claudette 07/08/2017 / 5:24 pm

Hi, thanks so much for your kind words. These acrylic paints were mixed with a little Floetrol (an acrylic extender) and some water. You can mix it with other mediums to get the “pouring” consistency (there are plenty of youtube videos available). You can also just use water to dilute the paint – and for children tempura paints and water should work just fine. Happy painting mess.

• Timelesslady 08/08/2017 / 4:01 am

Thanks Claudette. 🙂

4. Brian Lageose 07/08/2017 / 2:11 pm

These are great. My mind immediately went to album covers, not sure why, but I mean that in a good way… 😉

• Claudette 07/08/2017 / 5:26 pm

Mmm, thanks. Album Covers – have to be some abstract kid of music going on there I think. Perchance you have been imbibing? or reminiscing about the psychedelic 60’S?