Sock Juggling

Last night I had a dream …. and since this is MY dream, you can be assured it was not of your pedestrian, fluffy clouds and cats, happily ever-after variety of dream.

No, in MY dream I composed and sang a poem about sock-juggling, whilst sock-juggling!

socks

(Essential supplies for sock-juggling dreamers)

Now, I have never aspired to be a sock-juggler. I’ve never heard of such a thing before, and I can’t imagine what that job description/life choice would encompass, but I was pretty impressed with my dream ability to create a long rhyme about sock-juggling, in front of a live audience, whilst singing said rhyme!

(Oh, and in case you were wondering – I was NOT a good sock-juggler, at least not until I figured I needed to roll them into a ball before attempting to juggle them!)

I don’t know what caused me to dream such a thing, no strange foods or liquids were consumed prior to attempting to sleep. Surely, the abnormal (for me) second cup of coffee at 3pm, which caused my earlier lack of sleep, could not have tripped a switch in my brain over to “ridiculous things to dream about”, could it?

Right now I can’t stop thinking about sock-juggling, and I just know that I am going to have to write something about it before it will leave me in peace.

Bet you’re looking forward to that one. 🙂

P.S – I just “googled” sock juggling – and hey, people actually do this, albeit with socks filled with rice, or some such.  Wussies, mine were just plain socks, much harder to juggle them with no weight (even in a dream) 🙂

24 thoughts on “Sock Juggling

1. Tish Farrell 06/11/2017 / 9:58 pm

I think you could be on to something here, Claudette. Breaking bounds. Juggle socks, open your mind to fresh possibilities however daft they might at first :)seem

2. Brian Lageose 07/11/2017 / 7:29 am

I believe this would be an excellent theme for Dr. Brian to pursue further. Could you pop by for a consultation Thursday next? 😉

• Claudette 07/11/2017 / 7:15 pm

Um, perhaps I could discuss last nights dream with him too, it perturbed me much more than the sock-juggling – it was all about snot, everywhere! Still gives me the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it. Do you think he might have an answer for that too!

• Brian Lageose 08/11/2017 / 8:12 am

Dr. Brian has an answer for everything. It might not be the RIGHT answer, but at least he has one…

3. C. J. Hartwell 07/11/2017 / 8:59 am

So just plain socks, not even balled up to make it easier? Yeah, that truly is bizarre.
    Kind of sounds like something the Mad Hatter might suggest to Alice as a way to pass time. 😄

• Claudette 07/11/2017 / 7:17 pm

Yep, long floppy socks ad I was just trying to juggle them in, but when I started composing my verse, they seemed to mutate into round balls – obviously poetry is a catalyst 🙂 🙂 🙂

4. wdfyfe 07/11/2017 / 5:52 pm

As the song says:
    She’ll laugh in the face…of the wealthy and famous
    And you’ll never lose her..To the handsome or strong
    But all of your life son…Watch over your shoulder
    For whistlers and [sock} jugglers…and singers of songs..

• Claudette 07/11/2017 / 7:17 pm

🙂 Never heard of this one – what song is that WD? (I like it)

5. skybright1 07/11/2017 / 7:12 pm

Well, you and Lindy are comparable for “dream trophies” about now I should think, I expect if you win the trophy it will be in the shape of a giant sock filled with tiny bubbles for you to juggle. Oh that’s when you are not on stage performing of course. Happy dreams tonight!.

• Claudette 07/11/2017 / 7:19 pm

Thanks. Hope they are better than last night. More extra weirdness occurred.

6. Quirky Girl 08/11/2017 / 11:18 am

Haha! I feel an overwhelming compulsion to grab all those partnerless socks and give them new partners just so I can attempt to juggle a bunch of mismatched socks. 😂

7. Miriam 10/11/2017 / 10:10 pm

Love it. Perhaps you were a juggler or a circus performer in a previous life. 😊

8. Christine J Randall 15/11/2017 / 7:59 am

I’m so glad you mentioned rolling them into a ball – it changed the image I had in my head. Gosh, where’s the skill in rice-filled socks! Thanks for a lovely chuckle to begin my day. 🙂