Reasons for not doing Housework

A few years ago I wrote a post called Reasons why you shouldn’t do housework.
I thought it was time to for a reprise, more in line with my current excuses, er reasons, for not completing my houseworkerly duties.

I can’t vacuum the floor today,
I need to create something that may,
be transiently pleasing to my “arty” soul,
and happy lasts longer than clean, don’t you know!

I can’t wash the windows, sorry, not today,
my grandson left finger kisses on his last stay,
and it would be un-grandmotherly mean,
to destoy his art just to make them clean!

I’m not washing dishes, the clothes or the floors,
I’m not cooking food, cleaning windows or doors,
I’m doing MY stuff, and having some fun,
the housework can wait until I am done.

Oh, and if you don’t like that, then let me suggest,
that you don’t visit, or, better yet,
do come for a visit, and if you,re concerned,
you clean my house, and I’ll watch and learn!

© ceenoa

24 thoughts on “Reasons for not doing Housework

• Claudette 24/04/2018 / 7:35 pm

in my, admittedly single and yonger days, I enjoyed the satisfaction of doing it. Now, nah – dust bunnies rule my floors 🙂 🙂

1. Kat 23/04/2018 / 10:48 pm

Love it! I think those are very valid reasons for not doing housework!! 🙂 Especially the grandson finger kisses! 🙂

2. Brian Lageose 24/04/2018 / 6:40 am

I am making copies of this and handing them out to everyone who dares to visit… 😉

• Claudette 24/04/2018 / 7:41 pm

Feel free – I shan’t send you a bill – those of us who rebel from housework must sick together against the misguided conformists in the world.

3. skybright1 24/04/2018 / 12:42 pm

Good stuff! we are all different! I KNOW you do your housework because I see the results! So I will read this tongue in cheek, as its written, but I love the mention of Noah’s kisses!

• Claudette 24/04/2018 / 7:43 pm

I do do it – when I know you’re comng to visit 🙂 Other times it languishes well past it’s use by date. Noahs kisses are my window adornments.

4. The Lockwood Echo 24/04/2018 / 10:27 pm

I’m also not a big fan of housework, as long as I can use smoke and mirrors to give the illusion it’s clean and tidy. If people come to visit I hope they’ve come to see us, not our house! My Grandma had a plaque that said a home should be ‘clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy’.

• Claudette 25/04/2018 / 7:11 pm

I like your Grandma – sounds sensible. My house is always tidy (i have a thing about things being in the right place) so people sometimes mistake that for clean – don’t get me wrong, it’s not filthy, it’s just not cleaned as much as it should be.

• Claudette 25/04/2018 / 7:12 pm

Ah, but you have soooo much gardening to do 🙂

5. CJ Hartwell 25/04/2018 / 7:01 am

Very clever and very inspiring! Makes me not want to do housework in your honor. 🙂

• Claudette 25/04/2018 / 7:12 pm

Oh, I do feel warmed by the though I have inspire non-housework in a fellow being. 🙂

6. Quirky Girl 28/04/2018 / 10:52 am

Yes! Who has time for housework when there are so many better, far more enjoyable ways to use that time? 😜

• Claudette 28/04/2018 / 8:31 pm

That’s what I think, and then I had to get down on my floor today with my grandson, and the veiw was a little less than inspiring 😦

7. Miriam 30/04/2018 / 7:12 pm

Oh I love this! And it suits me just fine at the moment as I’ve come down with a bad head cold. 🤧

• Claudette 01/05/2018 / 8:46 pm

Hope you are feeling better soon, there seems to be a lot of it going about at the moment.
      Thanks for the kind words.

8. Lily 15/05/2018 / 12:36 am

Oh this did make me smile! As did ‘Reasons why you shouldn’t do housework’.
    Always glad whenever I summon up the energy to pay you a visit. 🙂

• Claudette 15/05/2018 / 7:30 pm

I am glad that you are glad – energy is something to be hoarded carefully by you – so I feel really honoured that you spent some with me. Take care.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )