Zero to Hero – Day 9: Inspiration doesn’t strike!

The assignment today from Bloggin101 is to post something inspired by the “About Me” page I wrote yesterday.  Weirdly enough, as you’d think someone who takes the time to blog would want to say something about themselves, I don’t want to talk more about me.  I felt I said enough yesterday, so what more do I choose to tell you.

I have toe rings, I sometimes sing
my eyes are blue, my hair is grey
I love to play with polymer clay.

I took a class to play with glass
but my beads aren’t round, so I melt them down
I use my kiln to fuse and slump it, and also for glass that is dichroic.

Some clay, glass, metal or wire
entwined in a fashion
to make simple jewellery – my hobby “passion”

I was a carer for my husband for 3 years before he died, raising our girls through this time with the constant help of my Mum (mother of advanced age- MOAA), who cared for them whilst I spent large amounts of time at the hospital with my husband. I sadly admit now that I can’t remember a lot of things from those years, my girls often say “do you remember when ……..Mum?” and I can’t.  It breaks my heart that I cannot remember those precious years when they were so young.

So funny, weird, silly is my way of coping with what has been lost.  Sometimes it is just easier for me to write it in rhyme.

I’m trying to focus on happy, positive (without going to the perky positivity of extremes), joyful things in life.  Which, I guess, is what my blog is about.  So there, in a way I have been inspired by writing this post.

Whatdayaknow!

17 thoughts on “Zero to Hero – Day 9: Inspiration doesn’t strike!

1. kerlund74 24/04/2014 / 6:00 pm

A great and inspiring post I think! You mix “ordinary” things with sad and hard things, like life is. I must say you have been through some really hard times, I admire your thoughts about positive things, and that is a great way to keep things going, I guess…

• Claudette 24/04/2014 / 6:13 pm

thank you. There are others who have had a much worse life than me, I have actually had a pretty good one. It is just life, you get what is given and hopefully, you learn and take something from it as well. Happy day to you and yours

2. wiser behind the ears 24/04/2014 / 6:13 pm

Lovely POST,CLAUDETTE
    AND i CAME HERE FOR THE WIDGET lESSON. I liked your sparkling poem in the center. I think I’m a bit like you, always good to identify before you deny the lie.,However sitting for 3 years while your spouse disappeared would make anyone in non joy. I would think forgetting those memories is likely to be a good memory. and since you can”t be in two places at once, you had no choice.

• Claudette 24/04/2014 / 6:25 pm

Strangely, the memories I would like to forget (the bad ones) are the ones I cannot. They have forced out so many good ones, it makes me sad sometimes. I wish I could spring clean my memory banks.
      Thanks you for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.

3. Thewitch 24/04/2014 / 6:24 pm

This talking about yourself lark can leave you feeling quite raw, I have found. Well done for being so honest. And positive! That is the most difficult bit sometimes.

• Claudette 24/04/2014 / 6:34 pm

I frequently don’t feel positive, it is a glamour I cast to hide my profound non-positivenessness. 🙂 🙂
      Am aiming for mildly/tentatively positive, not perkily positive which makes you want to strangle them.

• Thewitch 24/04/2014 / 6:40 pm

Hahah!!! As in Pollyanna!! Dem damn glass half full folks!!

• Claudette 24/04/2014 / 6:42 pm

Well, my glass is always empty, because I drink it all !!! 🙂

• Thewitch 24/04/2014 / 6:45 pm

Aha!! Emulating my pint drinking skills, I see!! 🙂

4. jesskawrites 24/04/2014 / 6:46 pm

What sort of glass do you use? And who wants round beads anyway?! 😉

• Claudette 24/04/2014 / 6:50 pm

Just “moretti” soft glass in rods for the beads, only have a hothead torch (gas only). I also use sheet glass and dichroic in the kiln to make pendants.

5. wantaps 24/04/2014 / 7:42 pm

You’re one of my fave bloggers in our batch. 🙂 I like your writing style and the personality that comes with it. 🙂 I dunno if am making any sense but I hope you understand.haha

• Claudette 24/04/2014 / 7:45 pm

Lovely sense to me :0 thanks for that huge compliment. have been scrolling through everyone else blogs tonight and feeling a bit bland and boring, so this was a lovely pick up. Happiness to you.

6. Hugh's Views and News 24/04/2014 / 8:16 pm

Hi Claudette, I love the way you write. You are so expressive and give it from the heart so it keeps me gripped right the way to the end. Now I don’t really read poetry but I have to say I enjoyed the poem in your blog very much. I wish I could write poetry but always hit a brick wall when I try. Wishing you lots of happiness, not just for today, but for all those days which lay ahead.

• Claudette 24/04/2014 / 8:23 pm

You are so kind to say that. If you want to write poetry – I suggest you read Pam Ayres. 🙂 I grew up on a large selection of her poems, my mother was always reading her books, or listening to her tapes (she has a fantastically expressive voice). I can still remember some of her poems by heart. If you love a good chuckle read her. Happiness right back at you. Once again, thank you for you compliment.