Question 13 – A matter of Taste

The question today was prompted by attending and afternoon tea for my Mothers 79th birthday.  There was Chocolate Birthday cake, meringue, banana muffins, cinnamon buns, scones with jam and cream, strawberry shortcake, apple cupcakes and one small plate of sandwiches.  I love sweet, but, strangely I found myself craving a pizza this afternoon instead – go figure!

If you had to choose between the taste sensations of Savoury and Sweet, which would it be?

11 thoughts on “Question 13 – A matter of Taste

1. treerabold 24/05/2014 / 9:42 pm

I too would choose the pizza! I love chocolate but there is something comforting about savory!

• Claudette 25/05/2014 / 9:59 am

Somehow savoury seems to fill me up more than sweet. Thanks for your answer 🙂

2. Hugh Roberts 25/05/2014 / 9:41 pm

For me it depends on what time of the day it is. If it’s before 2pm, then I go with savoury, but after 2pm I crave sweet stuff. If I had the choice of a savoury or sweet afternoon tea, then the sweet version would win hands down.

• Claudette 26/05/2014 / 8:03 am

Thanks Hugh. Normally I am a “sweets” woman, but it was really strange this time, because they weren’t appealing to me. Guess it is like life – you want what you cannot have. 🙂

3. kazg10 27/05/2014 / 9:19 am

Cant we have our cake and eat it too….? I mean can I have some more….. of everything. I like both, but savoury first then sweets to cap things off 🙂

• Claudette 27/05/2014 / 3:13 pm

Ah, a woman after my own heart. A little bit of everything (as in food) is always better. 🙂

4. Thewitch 03/06/2014 / 6:42 am

I’m a cheese girl, me!! Eat pounds of the stuff!!!

• Claudette 03/06/2014 / 8:00 am

Oh, I love cheese too. Think I may a been a mouse in another life 🙂

• Thewitch 04/06/2014 / 7:07 am

I was a HUGE mouse then!! Or perhaps a daity maid!! 🙂

• Claudette 04/06/2014 / 7:41 am

Oh, the queen of mice I suspect, and I your lowly servant, nibbling on the cheese when you weren’t looking.