Autumn is not just Yellow

Autumn Red

Autumn contrasts, Red and Grey,
a chilly breeze on a sunny day
a burst of colour as wind blows leaves
the starry night as Summer grieves
a puff of breath in the chilly morn
the sharpness of light from a sky, cloud shorn
although I regret the passing of days
the changing seasons always amaze.

Š ceenoa

17 thoughts on “Autumn is not just Yellow

• Claudette 30/04/2015 / 7:19 am

Thanks you. These red tree are halfway up Grove straight, opposite the Cider place. There are 2 framing the drive and they are glorious against the dull sky.

1. DeeScribes 30/04/2015 / 1:25 am

Heading into Spring (finally!), I’m happy you find joy in Autumn. But I’m itching for summer here in the northern hemisphere!

• Claudette 30/04/2015 / 7:20 am

We are contrary, aren’t we. I’m sure I will loose affection for it as it moves towards winter. 🙂

2. Hugh's Views and News 30/04/2015 / 1:53 am

Great poem about my favourite season, from my favourite poet. 🙂 Great photo as well. I can’t wait until Autumn gets here again. Please give her a kiss from me.

• Claudette 30/04/2015 / 7:21 am

Oh, she is bashful Hugh, but I will try.
      Hope you are well, I’ve been missing you on the blog. Guess you are working on something.
      Thank you for your lovely compliments, and I envy the Spring that is doing it’s thing, in your part of the world. 🙂

• Hugh's Views and News 30/04/2015 / 9:42 pm

First full day back today, Claudette, and I have a post being published later.

We’ve had Spring and Summer during April, and now Winter has even come back for a few days. It’s a bank holiday weekend in the UK so we would expect all four seasons joining us.

• Claudette 01/05/2015 / 6:50 am

So pleased you are. 🙂
          mmm Four Seasons IN One Day – isn’t that a song? I can’t remember who by, but I can hear it in my head.

• Hugh's Views and News 01/05/2015 / 8:52 pm

I had to google it to find out, but yes, you are right, and here it is.

Doesn’t ring a bell for me, but then I’m pretty poor when it comes to music these days (unless it’s 80’s pop music).

• Claudette 02/05/2015 / 12:04 pm

Yes, Crowded House (from NZ), they had some good music, and they were around in the 80’s too – bringing back memories now. 🙂

• Hugh's Views and News 02/05/2015 / 6:19 pm

Were they really? If it was not Stock, Aiken, and Waterman then it never registered on my years of being out of control and naughty! 🙂

• Claudette 03/05/2015 / 4:30 pm

mmm, you have missed out on some great music then Hugh, poor you. I guess that’s where Oz had it good, we had our music, UK music and American music. 🙂

• Claudette 02/05/2015 / 12:12 pm

Thank you. I do love Autumn yellow, but red is such a bright splash.