Hugh’s Photo Challenge: Week 6 – Unused

These Cup and Saucer Sets sit on my dresser – unused because the firing of the porcelain paint I put on them makes the rims feel dusty to me.

I keep them because I love the little rhymes I made more them, one day I may redo them on some other sets, hopefully with a better usability outcome.

teacup rhyme #1teacup rhyme #2

17 thoughts on “Hugh’s Photo Challenge: Week 6 – Unused

1. Hugh's Views and News 17/11/2015 / 10:02 pm

They are very pretty Claudette. They would make a great gift. Crockery and china seem to be featuring in this week’s challenge. I’m loving what you are all taking photos of.

Thank you for participating in this week’s challenge.

• Claudette 19/11/2015 / 7:55 am

It is actually really easy, buy the porcelain paint and then wait for inspiration to strike (sometimes it takes a very, very long time for it to find me) 🙂

• Claudette 19/11/2015 / 7:57 am

🙂 I certainly enjoyed thinking them up. Thanks so much for commenting.

2. thoughts36 19/11/2015 / 7:30 am

I love these, they’re so pretty. Perhaps better off not used as they’ll be less likely to get broken.

3. ChristineR 02/12/2015 / 3:08 pm

Could you put gold or silver rims on the edges? … just thinking out loud. A very special cup and I love the design you have on the saucer.

• Claudette 03/12/2015 / 9:57 am

Not supposed to put the paint where it might come into contact with food/drink, but since I never will use them for drinking out of it might be an idea, thanks.

• ChristineR 03/12/2015 / 10:03 pm

I suppose the gold rimmed ones you drink out of are real gold, then, not paint. Forget that. If you aren’t going to use it, it’s terrific as it is.