Emotography – Week 1/2016

I thought I would try something different with my weekly photos this year, so I have decided that I will choose one photo each week that evoked a particular feeling or emotion.

The one the didn't get away

Forlorn

These last feathers
lying lone against the stone
no more sky blue flights
or chirps at break of dawn.

Š ceenoa

26 thoughts on “Emotography – Week 1/2016

• Claudette 13/01/2016 / 9:51 pm

Thanks Phoebe, that’s what I thought too.

• Claudette 13/01/2016 / 9:52 pm

Thanks Ruth, yes, that is what attracted me to get the camera in the first place.

1. Osyth 12/01/2016 / 1:47 am

I love this idea and I love this first example. The feathers lying pathetic and helpless but, I feel still a little defiant, against the contrasting palour of the stones

• Claudette 13/01/2016 / 9:55 pm

Thanks Osyth. That yellow is brightly defiant, but also a sad indicator of the cruelty of life. I would love other folks to get involved in this too if they wish as I am interested in what moves them to take a photos.

• Osyth 13/01/2016 / 11:11 pm

I’m in! How shall we play this ….. To get people involved you generally need to invite and have a definite. I’m open to suggestions and meantime will wait for you to call the opening shots 🙂

• Claudette 15/01/2016 / 5:39 pm

Ok, I have been kind of wanting to set up a Challenge for a while, just hadn’t thought of one that I wanted too, maybe this fits the bill? Actually, I don’t want to call it a challenge, I rather like a Participation. What do you think? I shall start work on a post tonight and see what eventuates.

• Osyth 16/01/2016 / 1:43 am

Participation is a much better word. And I look forward to the post 🙂

2. aranislandgirl 12/01/2016 / 7:11 am

Very poignant words, I will imagine they were ready to retire from their original purpose and are enjoying being a wonderful source of inspiration now. Xx

3. skybright1 13/01/2016 / 11:59 am

Interesting experiment, liked it though it made me feel a little melancholy.

• Claudette 13/01/2016 / 10:02 pm

Well, that is what it made me feel too, forlorn and melancholy. So I guess it worked then 🙂

• Claudette 15/01/2016 / 5:41 pm

See my comment to Osyth. Thinking about making this a participation event.

4. Pan 16/01/2016 / 1:59 pm

Your idea works.. Before I knew the fate of the bird, I was saddened by the picture.. My first thought was , ‘too beautiful to be discarded on the cold ground’
    I think it grabbed me because unlike when I was young, I know how mortal I am and how quickly things can change.. Great idea Claudette and a great picture to begin with..
    Guess I have to follow you.. And its Osyth’s fault for leading me to yet another worthwhile blog..

• Claudette 16/01/2016 / 6:55 pm

Hi Pan, glad you found your way over here, it’s always nice to meet new people.
      Glad you like the idea, hope to see a photo from you soon 🙂

• Claudette 17/01/2016 / 9:44 am

Glad to have you along Andrew. Just had a wander through your blog, you have interesting things happening there.