Monthly Moments – February 2016

Eagle and Crow (1) inverted

I inverted this photo of an Eagle and a Crow, I love the change it makes to the birds, and the lavender grass.

Crescent Moon

The Glow, the Crescent, the Craters.  The Moon gives me a promise that there is more than what we know on Earth.

River Plant (2)

This is a hard colour to photograph with my camera, I have tried many times and ended up deleting the photo, so when this shot turned out I was really happy.  I like the way it occupies the space in the photo too.

Moon thru branches (2) bandicoot

The Framing, the Black & White, the minimal scenery.

lanterns

The veins and the bright colour.

Robins

I wish I had caught them when they faced me, but it was through the Kitchen window and the angle was wrong.  Still like the photo though – who doesn’t like Robin Red Breasts.

Daisy (2)

Joyous, childlike innocence – it just makes me happy to look at this photo.

15 thoughts on “Monthly Moments – February 2016

1. skybright1 29/02/2016 / 8:24 pm

Some beautiful photography there! Glad to see some more coming on your blog, been missing them!

2. Osyth 01/03/2016 / 4:31 am

A fabulous gallery – I actually love the way the little robins are puffed up and showing you their backs. My favourite though is the orange flower – is it Mombretia?

• Claudette 01/03/2016 / 6:03 pm

Hi Osyth, I actually don’t know what the orange flower is, it grows wild on the edge of my creek. I will check out that name and see.
      The Robins were enjoying their morning bask, and I didn’t want to disturb them by going outside and by the time I got the camera they had turned away 🙂

• Osyth 02/03/2016 / 12:49 am

I thought so @skybright1 – it’s a popular garden plant in England but grows wild in hedgerows in the more temperate climate of Cornwall and SW Ireland … I love it 🙂

3. lindywhitton 01/03/2016 / 5:49 pm

I love the monbretia photo! I used to have them in the garden but the ravages of wildlife killed them off a few years back. I see them growing by the Outlet though which ticks me off no end!

• Claudette 01/03/2016 / 6:04 pm

Ah, didn’t know that was what they were called. Osyth also called them that. I shall look them up.

4. skybright1 01/03/2016 / 6:47 pm

Also known by some of my brothers as “Dub” Lily. No comment about that but they did grow nearby when we were young.

5. RuthsArc 03/03/2016 / 10:55 am

Catching up on blog reading. A lovely collection and I’ve learnt the name of the pretty orange flowers thanks to your followers 🙂

6. Brian Lageose 10/03/2016 / 4:11 pm

Just planting a seed: Have you thought about working on book covers? The “Eagle and Crow” inversion and the minimalist moon shot could be compelling components in a cover design…

• Claudette 10/03/2016 / 7:36 pm

Why thank you Brian. Have to say I never have thought about it – but now I may have to have a little play! 🙂