Working Wednesday

work-flowers
Flowers from Work

p1000817
Truffle Slaughter begins

Today I received Flowers, Chocolates and a Voucher for a local Day Spa from my work.  Today was the last Wednesday with my employer of the last 11+ years.   Today was my farewell, an odd thing, as until today (officially this Friday) I have been the longest employed person at my work, and it has been me fare-welling others.

It was an odd feeling for me today, as I have been away for 7 weeks on sick leave and handed in my resignation during that time, I kind of felt like an imposter, of a sort.  My work colleagues have always been good people, and today was a chance to say goodbye to them after my abrupt disappearing act from work life 7 weeks ago.  I feel particularly bad about not saying goodbye in person to my extended, geographically scattered-across-the-state team.  I did send an email to them this week, but it just feels not enough.  I’m going to miss them.

I am heading in a new life direction that I hope will allow me to become a happier and more contented person.  I will still keep a link with my employer, as a volunteer, and my boss (the CEO) has been wonderful in telling me that “the door is always open” and trying to entice me back to the fold somehow.  Who knows, if my new business venture does not pan out I just might make a comeback in a new incarnation!

Right now I’m off truffle hunting – I’m sure I saw one trying to hide behind the canister on the bench.

31 thoughts on “Working Wednesday

1. Miriam 21/09/2016 / 7:47 pm

All the best in whatever new adventures await you. Enjoy the truffles. 🙂

2. macmsue 21/09/2016 / 8:10 pm

I hope your new venture brings you great satisfaction. It’s always lovely when people let you know they’d welcome you back.

• Claudette 21/09/2016 / 8:11 pm

Yes, it is Sue. Nice to have a fallback plan if I fall flat on my face with mine new one. 🙂

3. Candice~Marie 21/09/2016 / 8:33 pm

Hope you are feeling better and how exciting to look forward to a new direction! Enjoy the experience.

4. Osyth 22/09/2016 / 12:07 am

Tread softly and take those truffles by surprise …. They’re Wiley blighters! I’m sorry your illness forced your decision because sick is never good however it manifests itself but I am sure your new door will lead you to a freshness of spirit that will nurture you back to strength and it is always nice to feel you have been appreciated enough that you would be welcomed if you took a backward step down the line 💫💫

• Claudette 22/09/2016 / 10:03 am

Yes, the truffles have avoided my hand a bit longer, I am savouring the thought of them (long live Lapbands that allow me to do so). I am feeling much more positive about things after 7 weeks of down time, and putting my faith in the Universe, with backup hard work, to help me move in a better direction. I hope you and yours are all well and happy Osyth.

5. Allan G. Smorra 22/09/2016 / 12:29 am

Congratulations and best of luck with the rest of your life. There is still plenty left to do.
    Ω

6. wdfyfe 22/09/2016 / 1:28 am

When embarking on an adventure I always pack medicinal chocolate for sword wounds, dragon bites and such. Good Luck. Cheers.

• Claudette 22/09/2016 / 10:04 am

Thanks – I’m hoping I can avoid the sword wounds and dragon bites, wouldn’t mind meeting a friendly baby dragon though.

7. C. J. Hartwell 22/09/2016 / 11:36 am

Congrats on embarking on your dream, however bittersweet the departure might be. Ah, but bittersweet chocolate, that’s my favorite. So if you come across any, just send them my way. 😉
    I’ve been wondering why I haven’t had email notifications for your posts, could have swore I did, now I see they are only going to my reader, which is a cluttered mess I rarely visit anymore. Dear me. Must correct that.

• C. J. Hartwell 23/09/2016 / 8:01 am

Although I’ve been looking and can’t find a way to get email notifications for your blog. Usually I’m much better about this sort of thing! Am I missing it?

• Claudette 24/09/2016 / 9:45 am

Um, I think it is there, maybe I have changed things as I was fiddling with it the other day. I have to go out today, but I will check it tonight. Thanks for persevering 🙂

• Claudette 24/09/2016 / 9:50 am

I have just added it into my footer now, LH side, bottom.

• Claudette 24/09/2016 / 9:42 am

Hi CJ, might be something to do with the fact that I have changed my domains around twice in the last month. I attempted self-hosted, and moved my domain name to them (using a new domain for my blog here), then decided last week I could not deal with it all, and moved back and renamed here again.
      I’ll be on the look out for that dark choccy – and send it to you.

• C. J. Hartwell 24/09/2016 / 9:53 am

Okay, thanks! You have a nice etsy shop, by the way. I’m eyeing a pair of earrings I think I need. Pretty sure it’s a need. 😊

• Claudette 24/09/2016 / 6:07 pm

Thanks CJ.
          Oh, earrings are always a need! I have lots and lots of them for myself (in fact so many I have had to force myself to stop making them.

8. RuthsArc 23/09/2016 / 9:34 pm

It’s bittersweet to leave familiar surrounding, routine and people. But you are making a positive move to allow the next door to open for you. If it feels right, go for it, Claudette.

9. Lily 24/09/2016 / 2:11 pm

I always admire (ans slightly envy) people who are able to follow their dreams. It takes a lot of courage and determination, so my utmost respects to you Claudette. 🙂
    Wishing you great success in your new venture and in hunting down those wily truffles. I’m still mourning the one Malteaser that escaped under the dresser a few months back.

• Claudette 24/09/2016 / 6:08 pm

Thanks Lily, it took a LOT of prompting from my unhappiness to get me to this point 🙂
      That Malteaser will still be perfectly edible when you finally find it (well, I unless that depends on how much you need it)>