A little bit of silliness

The thought “I feel despondent” popped into my head when I was driving to work one morning earlier this week, (and yes, I do think strange things sometimes, although the constant need to leave your place of comfort and go to work for someone else can tend to do that to a person) and of course, being as I was driving, I could not write it down.  I tried to remember it later, but alas, it transmogrified itself by the time I got around to typing it.  It’s not “right”, it’s not sensible, it’s a bit forced, but it made me smile a wry little smile.

I’ve dented my spond,
despondent am I,
life was going to fly,
but instead I just sigh,
’cause my feet are still on the ground.

So I figured I’d be more proactive,
and bash out the dent that I found,
then I polished my spond,
till it shone like the sun,
and nearly burnt out my eye!

Well, my spond had a good laugh at that,
then it fell over backwards, and splat,
when I looked around,
it was down on the ground,
dented and sporting a scratch.

I’ve given up trying to fix it,
live and let live, I now say,
and I’ll be ok,
even if, on some days,
my spond is sporting a dent.

© ceenoa

18 thoughts on “A little bit of silliness

1. macmsue 10/11/2016 / 7:59 pm

That little poem certainly turned despondent on its head 🙂

• Claudette 11/11/2016 / 5:37 pm

Yeah, it had to have something happen to it 🙂

2. lindywhitton 10/11/2016 / 10:38 pm

Sponds are meant to be a bit bashed around and dented – enjoyed your “little bit of silliness”. …and don’t you hate it when you can’t write it down !!

3. skybright1 10/11/2016 / 11:13 pm

Oh yes, I had a lovely poem running in my head when i was walking the other morning and I even said it over about five times but when I got home some other gibberish leaked out the end of my pen! Grrrr…..sigh…..

4. Osyth 11/11/2016 / 3:55 am

Um – I think I can guess what a spond is but enlighten me, do! I absolutely loved this – I’ve told you before you remind me of Pam Ayres!

• Claudette 11/11/2016 / 5:41 pm

Ah, tricked you I did. My “spond” is just a play on the word despondent – but I guess it also describes my mood/feelings of that moment. Just my bit of silliness.

5. DeeScribes 11/11/2016 / 7:44 am

I think anyone who doesn’t have a dented spond every now and then is fooling themselves! Thanks for sharing this delightful bit with us.

• Claudette 11/11/2016 / 5:43 pm

Hi Dee, glad you liked it, and yep, we all get dented sponds occasionally.

6. RuthsArc 12/11/2016 / 8:38 am

Excellent Claudette. Some days are certainly like that, but hopefully not too many. A slightly dented spond is part of our individual character 🙂

• Claudette 12/11/2016 / 5:26 pm

It definitely is Ruth. My dents show my life journey, and have been earned, even if not desired.

7. Phil Ryan 08/02/2017 / 3:24 am

Sorry Claudette, this made me grin a lot and given the subject matter… Your use of rhyme is very clever, highlighting your spond. Hope it’s taken a break 🙂

• Claudette 08/02/2017 / 8:27 am

No need to be sorry, I love smiles, and laughter – it’s why I write my sillies into verse. My spond seems to have adjusted for the moment. 🙂