Little Bursts of Creativity

For a long time I haven’t made any jewellery, but in the last few weeks I have felt an urge to start playing again.

I’ve had the red and silver mokume gane polymer clay components on my work table for over a year!  last week I finally made up the smaller set into a pair of earrings for myself, and wrapped them in silver wire with an inbuilt bail so that I didn’t have to drill a hole through them.  I’m really happy with them, and the resin on top of the clay makes is shine nicely.

Yesterday I finally took the plunge and made up the larger focal piece into a necklace, I attached the chain to the focal by filling a link with resin and setting it on the back.  I’m still not completely happy with the chain going all the way around the neck, as it seems to sit a little stiffly, so I may have to change that at a later date.  Maybe half chain links and the other half double strand tubing.  I also made up the middle pair of focals into earrings, again attaching handmade wire bails (to hang the hooks through) on the back with resin.

I also remade the ring – prior to yesterday it was swirly wire and pearls, but I never really liked it very much.  I carefully unwound the swirls of wire, and then reshaped them to hold the handmade glass cabachon.  During this process I got the balance point for the “stone” slightly off, so it is heavier on one end than the other, but I don’t think the gold-wire is up to me unwinding it again to reset the cabachon.  I can live with it.

Last week I also played with the three pendants shown here, each has been created using “Prisme” Pebeo Paint.  I love how the metallic paints works itself out into patterns, however I have to fight my inclination to push it around and mess up the patterns – so I am trying to learn patience.  If you mix 2 different colours (as in the triangle pendant) you can get interesting effects depending on which paint floats and which sinks.  I think my favourites is the diamond pendant, these aren’t my normal choice of colours but I think they work really well and the soft tones compliment the “cell” effect.

Today  I’ve been playing with some other things, and have part completed a couple of other pendants, but that’s a story for another day!

14 thoughts on “Little Bursts of Creativity

1. macmsue 26/01/2017 / 9:36 pm

These are gorgeous, my favourites are the very vibrant earrings.

2. RuthsArc 26/01/2017 / 9:47 pm

Some nice contrasts here Claudette with the red and silver. Glad you’ve found some enthusiasm again for your jewellery.

• Claudette 27/01/2017 / 1:53 pm

Red is a bit of a theme, but wasn’t intentional, just had the bits waiting.

3. Osyth 26/01/2017 / 10:02 pm

I absolutely love these …. all of them but particularly those earrings which will really sing on the wearer!

• Claudette 27/01/2017 / 1:54 pm

And they move so freely, make me feel good. Thanks for your lovely comment.

• Claudette 27/01/2017 / 1:56 pm

They are my new fav earrings right now. I was very hsppy with how the wrapping worked.

4. Lily 27/01/2017 / 3:19 am

Love them all. But I’ve got to say, the ring is my favourite.

• Claudette 27/01/2017 / 1:58 pm

Yeah, big and chunky knucklebuster, just wish i had made the band a teeny bit smaller to fit my finger properly. Have to wear it on other hand and it doesn’t look as good on that side.

• Lily 28/01/2017 / 3:28 am

I love large rings like that, but think they sit better on the middle finger. Make of that what you will. 😉

• Claudette 30/01/2017 / 5:58 pm

Purples are my favourites – and most of my stuff has some of it in it – often it creeps in when I’m not even consciously choosing it. 🙂