Fun with Alcohol …. Inks

Alcohol is good for your brain – well, when it’s mixed with ink and splashed on paper, or china, or glass, or metal, or something I haven’t thought of yet!

Yep. I took the plunge and made my own Alcohol Inks this week, started with 4 colours and then made another 5 yesterday.

Having a fantastic, creative, good time – except for when I breathe it in – then the fumes make my head spin 🙂

Now I’m just wildly looking around my house for the next thing I can splash/spray/dab it on.  Think a visit to the op shop is in order, surely I must need more glasses and cups and mugs and jugs and…oooh ….. squillions of things to put it on!

P.S.  If you move back about 3 feet from the computer, can you see the little gnomey/monster in the mid right of the photo frame?

No … okay, maybe the alcohol HAS gotten to me 🙂

(Hint:  focus on the 2 large white spaces, the third space in between is his/her nose and there is a star on their forehead under their reddish hair).

25 thoughts on “Fun with Alcohol …. Inks

1. Osyth 24/02/2017 / 6:28 pm

I see the gnome and since it is only 8 in the morning here I hope you can assume I haven’t been drinking!!! 🍄🎨💃🏻

• Osyth 28/02/2017 / 8:19 pm

No – and I found a little goblin on a moss covered tree on Sunday …. you only had to look and I hadn’t been breathing anything but fresh air 😉

2. Miriam 24/02/2017 / 11:24 pm

Love it! So colorful and creative and yes, I can see the monster. 😁 Sounds like you had fun.

3. Phil Ryan 25/02/2017 / 3:15 am

And I think I’m also seeing the Virgin Mary in there, Claudette. Expect your first coach party of pilgrims by teatime tomorrow! Very creative and impressive. 🙂

4. C. J. Hartwell 25/02/2017 / 3:52 am

Oooh, I like that! Definitely saw the gnome. Beautiful colors, and the glasses look cool!

• Claudette 25/02/2017 / 11:06 am

Thanks CJ. I love the glasses, I have more of them planned, but I really like the mugs as the colour really pops against the white china. Have decided this morning it’s really more like one of those little troll dolls my kids once had – gnome/troll – not sure what the difference is anyway.

5. Lily 25/02/2017 / 3:37 pm

There I was thinking, ooh, what a beautiful celestial picture. Now all I can see is a wide eyed space gnome. I still love it though, along with the mugs. 🙂

• Claudette 26/02/2017 / 10:10 am

I know, once you see it you can’t unsee it. I have some more frames I’m going to do and will not mention anything I might see in them whilst in a an alcohol-fumed state 😉

6. Hugh's Views and News 25/02/2017 / 11:57 pm

Nope, I can’t see the gnome, but I can see a mermaid on the lefthand side of the picture. She looks to be laying on a large rock.

What great fun you’ve been having, Claudette.

7. Quirky Girl 28/02/2017 / 1:00 pm

You really caught my attention with that opening. I was highly optimistic that alcohol truly benefited the brain. 😛

Those designs are all so lovely! 🙂

• Claudette 01/03/2017 / 12:59 pm

🙂 It does, creatively. Probably if you drank wine at the same time you created it would be double the fun with alcohol – I must try that on the weekend.