Guilt leads to Baldness …really!

I’ve been feeling guilty that I didn’t take part in The Worlds’ Greatest Shave this year.  When I was having afternoon tea with Mum yesterday, she mentioned that she has nearly raised $9000 dollars in donations for the Leukaemia Fondation.  What an absolutely fantastic effort.  She even dyed her hair green the week before she shaved it off (the first time she has ever had dyed hair in 81.5 years).

{Mum, if you are reading this – STOP NOW – you’ll spoil the surprise}

After talking to her Guilt nudged me in the ribs, rather sharply I must say … again.

When I got home this afternoon I made an on the spot decision to shave all my hair off (plus, as I was having a bad hair day with a little sticky-up-bit on top of my head, it was so satisfying to say “take that hair!” as I shaved it all off).  Yes, I’m a bit extreme sometimes.  🙂

As I said:  Guilt leads to Baldness.  True story!

So, if you feel moved by my impetuous action, and/or wish to assuage my guilt at not participating in the first place, please donate to my Mums’ page since I don’t have one of my own this year.  I also like the idea that random people she doesn’t know might suddenly start donating to her  – I’m not telling her I’ve done this just yet.

So, if you feel kindly disposed Mum’s donation page can be reached by clicking on this link: https://secure.leukaemiafoundation.org.au/…/FundraisingPage…

20 thoughts on “Guilt leads to Baldness …really!

1. Dick Dastardly 04/04/2017 / 7:12 pm

Bloody hell girl. That is extreme. I’d like to say it suits you (the bald head that is) but instead I’ll say “Well done”.

• Claudette 05/04/2017 / 5:50 pm

Thanks Dick. It’s the 3rd year I have shaved for this event. I quite like the freedom of no hair 🙂

2. skybright1 04/04/2017 / 7:28 pm

I stopped where told to but am making an “educated guess” about the surprise!

• Claudette 05/04/2017 / 5:52 pm

That is really lovely of you Osyth, thanks very much. ❤ Hpe the weather is treatin gyou well, we have fantastic Autumn days here at the moment.

• Osyth 05/04/2017 / 6:24 pm

Spring is springing and I’m glad to be alive which was all the more reason to give a little to try and eradicate that dreadful Sword of Damocles hanging over so many lives.

3. RuthsArc 04/04/2017 / 11:30 pm

What an amazing amount raised. Well done to your Mum, and also to your bald self!

• Claudette 05/04/2017 / 5:53 pm

I did nothing, yet. Hoping my bald head at work tomorrow might trigger a little bit to add to her coffers. My private client today made a donation (unasked for) which was very nice of them.

4. C. J. Hartwell 05/04/2017 / 2:06 am

Wow, you’ve got a nice shaped head! No kidding!
    Well done. What a great way to show support for your Mom! ❤️

• Claudette 05/04/2017 / 5:54 pm

Thanks. I am quite happy with it. I was afraid the first year I shaved about it’s shape, but it is nicely proportioned if I do say so myself. 😉

5. Allie P. 05/04/2017 / 2:22 am

I love that your mum won’t know where the extra funds are coming from. Good for you.

• Claudette 05/04/2017 / 5:55 pm

Thanks Allie, I admit that thought gives me a little frisson of happiness .

• Claudette 05/04/2017 / 5:55 pm

Extremely, although a little breezy here due to Autumn. 🙂

6. Brian Lageose 05/04/2017 / 3:21 pm

I have to agree with C.J… you have a nicely-shaped head! (And I added a bit to the kitty…)

• Claudette 05/04/2017 / 5:57 pm

Thanks – on both counts Brian. I will have to watch out that my hair-free head does not swell with the compliments to it shape. 😉 I’m off to scare them at work tomorrow – you may hear the screams at your house.