Visitors – A Short Paragraph Story

There always seem to be those unexpected, unwanted, visitors that just drop in on you.Β  They never let you know they are coming, so you are not prepared for their arrival. It doesn’t matter if your house is spotless, and you’re wearing your best clothes, their unannounced descent upon your home causes everything to look shabby, dismal, bleak and untidy. Next time, Mel an’ Collie, I’m slamming the door in your faces.

35 thoughts on “Visitors – A Short Paragraph Story

1. lindywhitton 02/05/2017 / 7:23 pm

Well – I’ll be sure to call before I drop in……

2. Osyth 02/05/2017 / 7:27 pm

Mel an’ Collie dropped by here unannounced as well. They really have no manners and I’m taking your advice next time!

• Claudette 03/05/2017 / 4:45 pm

I think that is the smart thing to do – darn globetrotting duo! May they be gone sooner that when they arrive.

3. Dick Dastardly 02/05/2017 / 8:41 pm

Hahaha.

I have a sign on my door that reads:
    “I am already disturbed. Please come in.”

You’re right though. Unexpected guests always turn up when the house is a mess and you are still in your PJs.

• Claudette 03/05/2017 / 4:50 pm

I like that sign- I make have to get one, but I would need to add the rider after the first sentence “I need to share”. πŸ™‚

4. Miriam 02/05/2017 / 9:46 pm

Yep. You’ve just described Chuckles from across the road.

• Claudette 03/05/2017 / 4:52 pm

Thanks Jesska. Nah they came, they left, they popped back in again briefly. I’m pretty sure they are lurking out there on the edge, but I’ll try to scare them off next time. Perhaps cake will be involved!

5. Lily 03/05/2017 / 1:10 am

I usually just hide and the peer out from behind the curtains when Mel an Collie drop by unannounced. They’re the type to always outstay their welcome. They also tend to dominate over everything.
    So lock those doors Claudette and say a firm “NO!” To the gruesome twosome. Failing that, just buy a taser.

• Claudette 03/05/2017 / 4:54 pm

Excellent advice my friend. Love the suggestion for a taser Lily, not sure I can legally acquire one here though (damn). Also, to really oust them out I would have to apply it to myself, not sure that would be a good idea – although, it might give me a spring in my step πŸ˜‰

• Lily 04/05/2017 / 3:54 am

Ah…I didn’t think that through…er…um…just ignore everything I wrote, including this comment commenting on the last comment that I commented on…;)

• Claudette 04/05/2017 / 6:31 pm

All comments deleted from my brain – now what were you saying ? πŸ™‚

6. C. J. Hartwell 03/05/2017 / 2:07 am

I’m quite late with my sentiments, but hope you were able to kick out Mel an Collie. They’re the worst. 😦

• Claudette 03/05/2017 / 4:57 pm

Not late at all, and thanks for your sentiments. They are a dreadful set of visitors, and they got the cold shoulder treatment from me, but it took a while for them to get the hint.

• Claudette 03/05/2017 / 4:58 pm

Thanks. Yep, that’s them. Dno’t let them in if they come knocking, they are dreadful guests.

• Claudette 03/05/2017 / 5:00 pm

That they are. Watch out for them, they like to take advantage when you’re not expecting it – although, maybe they only like cooler climates, so you’re probably safe.

7. Merrin Woolley 03/05/2017 / 5:39 pm

i must be getting old and slow. Took me a while to figure out what the heck you were talking about.

• lindywhitton 05/05/2017 / 8:49 pm

So – I’m not the only one! Took me a second read and 4 comments down before I got it.

• Claudette 06/05/2017 / 8:53 am

Ah, I like to keep you all guessing πŸ™‚

8. RuthsArc 03/05/2017 / 6:45 pm

Thanks for the smiles. I need to kick Mel an’ Collie out. I’ve decided to open a middle week bottle of wine, and I’m not sharing it with them!

• Claudette 04/05/2017 / 6:29 pm

Ah, wine in the middle of the week. Watch out for Gu and Ilt then, they usually find me if I do that. You are most welcome for the smile, I hope you had some of your own today.

9. skybright1 03/05/2017 / 8:23 pm

Must run in the family Merrin, I was trying for a few minutes to work out which Mel and Collie I might know that Claudette knew.
    Thankfully they don’t like it if they come and I say, “let’s go out and work in the garden”. No inclination for hard work as they are just free loaders!