The ToyBox

words, raw and chaotic
spilling like an upturned toybox,
a riot of colour and shape and size,
waiting to be sorted, to be loved or discarded
and ultimately, reduced to black type on white screen.

the gleeful joy of the upended toybox,
now constrained by order.
who can say which is best to convey meaning?

© ceenoa

21 thoughts on “The ToyBox

1. Osyth 05/05/2017 / 7:14 pm

YOu, my dear, are on a roll … that is tremendous work!

• Claudette 06/05/2017 / 8:52 am

Sometimes that’s how it works, bubbles of words well up and blurp out for days. I really appreciate your compliment Osyth, because you know I think your writing is so beautiful.

• Osyth 07/05/2017 / 12:27 am

It is a mutual admiration society of two then. Your style is very different to mine but I do love it 😍

2. lindywhitton 05/05/2017 / 8:46 pm

A triumph of word sorting!

• Claudette 06/05/2017 / 8:53 am

Thanks Lindy. Think it is still a little off in the final words, but I may tweak it a little more (now, I wonder where that inclination comes from?)

• Claudette 06/05/2017 / 8:54 am

Thanks Tina, I wonder that myself? 🙂

3. Quirky Girl 06/05/2017 / 9:45 am

I like this colorfully artful portrayal of words. It does indeed sound like a reduction of sorts, going from being bold and vivacious combinations of letters pieced together to form something more, to being a smudge of black ink that is subject to judgment and possible eternal disposal.

• Claudette 07/05/2017 / 8:54 pm

Quite often, actually, I think that is what writers do – disposal of words that might have best been kept and considered a little longer, in a different view.

• Claudette 11/05/2017 / 6:23 pm

Thanks Miriam. The toy box does have power, and the ability to kick it over may be it’s greatest. 🙂

• Claudette 12/05/2017 / 7:33 pm

Flattery will get you everywhere – on my blog 🙂 Thanks Paul.