A Year Old Thought

Dear old FB, tonight it reminded me of a post I made a year ago, and after pondering it a little while, well, actually about 1 microt (and if you don’t know what a microt is, shame on you – go watch Farscape immediately), I actually realised it was a telling statement on my life of a year ago.

What I had thought was just a random statement of fact, that did not have any special, deep or meaningful import, was, with hindsight, a very telling indictment of my life – specifically my then work life.

So now, after stringing this post out with a lot of jumble pre-wordage (yep, I did just type that!), just to justify the actually sharing of the statement (and to fill in the gap wherein I have not been actually writing anything lately), I give you my Thought of a Year Ago:

Life is too short to wear shoes you don’t love.

Consider it my gift to you this week.

Think about it deeply – and tell me it does not resonate with you in some fashion.

P.S. just to round out this post, I give you a photo of shoes I DO love, I should wear them more often.

New Shoes (1)

21 thoughts on “A Year Old Thought

1. lindywhitton 25/07/2017 / 7:20 pm

Hope your new shoes are more comfy.

• Claudette 26/07/2017 / 6:33 pm

Never! I only buy new shoes one in a blue moon, and I Op Shop for clothes all the time, much more exciting 🙂

2. Kat 25/07/2017 / 10:22 pm

Very cool shoes! I find it interesting when FB shares what I was posting in previous years. Most of the time I sort of know why I shared something but every now and then there is a day or two when I don’t know what was going on back then but I felt it important enough to share a quote. What comes to my mind when I see those quotes from past years (and they might still hold true or be more meaningful today) is “the more things change, the more they stay the same”

• Claudette 26/07/2017 / 6:34 pm

Yep, sometimes it makes me wonder what the heck I was trying to say, other times it still hits the nail on the head.

3. C. J. Hartwell 26/07/2017 / 7:25 am

I love the quote! My summer project of simplifying the old wardrobe meant I let go of all the shoes I don’t absolutely love. I’m much happier as a result.
    Also, I love your pre-wordage and most importantly, your explanation of your pre-wordage. 😉

• Claudette 26/07/2017 / 6:38 pm

I do love to ramble sometimes 🙂 Tossing stuff away is on of the simple pleasures of my life, along with buying new stuff that I will ultimately toss away – all from an Op Shop mostly, I hasten to clarify. Recycling at is fashionable best.

• Claudette 26/07/2017 / 6:39 pm

A woman in red shoes can do many, many things – or cause said things to happen! What is it about red shoes that holds those possibilities? The nice thing about these shoe is that they are actually comfy – I usually wear flats.

4. Osyth 26/07/2017 / 2:41 pm

1. I love that line which honestly should be marketed and 2. I love those shoes …. 💛

• Claudette 26/07/2017 / 6:42 pm

I am very happy with both of them. Thanks Osyth. Those shoes are comfy, and make me feel someone else when I wear them, someone who might just do outrageous, spontaneous things, just for the heck of them. I have to chain them up in between times, in case they go off and have fun without me wearing them 🙂

• Osyth 26/07/2017 / 9:48 pm

Haha! I imagine they would get up to some serious mischief if you didn’t keep them fettered! But make sure you enjoy their effect often and wholeheartedly 😉

5. Jude 26/07/2017 / 8:23 pm

I love red shoes! I love boots too but don’t have any red ones … yet! 🙂

6. J | Beauty's Expert Amateur 27/07/2017 / 2:56 am

I love those shoes! Wear that exact outfit to run an errand and watch everyone turn to look at you a second time. In sheer admiration x