Love Again – A Short Paragraph Story

I never expected to fall in love again.  Certainly not with a younger man, and especially not with a younger man who speaks a different language!   There are moments when I seriously question my judgement; like when I notice his disregard for bodily hygiene, and his undeveloped table manners.  Oh, but when he smiles and hugs me my heart blossoms and overflows with happiness and I find I can forgive him anything – after all a baby grandson is a precious miracle.

25 thoughts on “Love Again – A Short Paragraph Story

1. Osyth 24/10/2017 / 5:59 pm

Such a delight … I wish you many many loving years with this little boy-bundle of delight

2. wdfyfe 25/10/2017 / 5:35 am

I’m not surprised. I always figured you were a shameless Cuddle Cougar!! Total Congrats!

• Claudette 25/10/2017 / 8:27 am

Haha, thanks WD. He is 16 months old now, and I have become a worn out Granma, he’s a little dynamo.

• wdfyfe 25/10/2017 / 8:41 am

OMG! This is only the beginning. Granma-ing is a full time occupation — with plenty of overtime. cheers

• Claudette 26/10/2017 / 7:40 pm

yeah, lots of great things to look forward to – until he gets to big and boyish for Granma time – but that’s a long way off yet.

• Claudette 25/10/2017 / 8:28 am

Cuddles are never to be underrated as a source of happiness and fuel to get through the day. And yes, I am totally shameless when it comes to them. meow.

• Claudette 26/10/2017 / 7:40 pm

I hope. Think he said “granma” last weekend – he’s been saying Nan for forever (so I am a bit jeealous).

• Claudette 26/10/2017 / 7:41 pm

Ah, glad I fooled you then Hugh. Payback for the many times you have sprung one on me with your writing 🙂

3. Quirky Girl 27/10/2017 / 9:23 am

I was pleasantly surprised to discover your “younger man” is your grandson. How sweet! Enjoy that precious young man. 😊

• Claudette 28/10/2017 / 7:31 pm

Oh, I do. They are visiting this weekend, and he just brightens every moment.