Thoughtless Unplugging

I’m on the third night of no broadband internet connection, and this is how it happened:

the urge to move the furniture
came suddenly upon me,
alas the urge caused failure
of the internet connection thingy!

“““““““
my modem is senile
it’s forgot who it is
now it can’t do it’s duty
because of this.

i pulled out the plugs
without flicking the switch
one small unthought action
has now caused a big hitch!

the modem’s not working
won’t connect like it ought
and now the last option is to call
“Tech Support”.

there’s a 40 minute call queue
before I get to point 1
then another 40 minute waiting
till I can get something done.

I’ve given it up as a bad job tonight
so I’m writing my blog via my mobile’s “hotspot”
and rueing that wilfull unplugging
which caused internet loss!

17 thoughts on “Thoughtless Unplugging

1. skybright1 22/05/2018 / 6:49 pm

Furniture moving often causes muscle strain but for you it’s brought an internet drain. Those long phone queues seem to be a fad,. All they really do is make one mad! Good luck soon!

• Claudette 23/05/2018 / 6:05 pm

Yep. The waiting time music surely increases the frustration level.

2. Miriam 22/05/2018 / 8:20 pm

Oh dear!
    Hope it’s up and active soon. Loved your little ditty, at least you have a clean room. 😏

• Claudette 23/05/2018 / 6:07 pm

Oh Boy nothing – ever again! What a sad and empty life I sahll have now. πŸ˜‰

3. lindywhitton 23/05/2018 / 10:55 am

Welcome to the world of the senile, Modem. We’re a very friendly group but we dont use names cause we cant temember them!

• Claudette 23/05/2018 / 6:08 pm

Yeah, ths one couldn’t remember it’s own title or password – which is what caused all the fuss. All fixed now.

4. wdfyfe 24/05/2018 / 5:01 am

You poor thing. One of my indicator lights went out once and I was cyber-blind for three days — worst month of my life! I’m glad everything’s back to normal.

• Claudette 24/05/2018 / 7:21 pm

More frustrating than anything – cause I couldn’t fix it myself. Had mobile hotspot to still had internet – but it does show how much we have come to “need” the internet πŸ™‚ 😦

5. The Lockwood Echo 25/05/2018 / 8:55 pm

I read this whilst ‘on hold’ in a phone queue. True story (though that does sound quite rude of me, I really was giving your post full attention πŸ˜‰ ). So I feel your pain. How did we get to need and rely on this stuff? :/

• Claudette 26/05/2018 / 6:26 pm

I am not sure, but it really is everywhere now, hard to avoid “being connected”. Whilst i was on hold I did ponder how much the background waiting “music” mpacts of the way a person interacts with whoever eventually answers the pphone. I think some “music” choices must make it close to nuclear communication by the time you have listened to the same 5 bar tune on repeat for 50 minutes!

6. CJ Hartwell 29/05/2018 / 2:22 am

Glad you found a way online, it’s terrible being down! I feel completely cut off.
    Your words reminded me of a video I saw several years ago, a humorous piece of a “warrior” who fixes his girlfriend’s grandparent’s wifi.

Oh hey, I found it! Ever see this?

• Claudette 29/05/2018 / 5:12 pm

um, that link just got me to a whole bunch of Saturday Night Live videos. – not a specific video.
      So, No, never seen that one πŸ™‚

• CJ Hartwell 30/05/2018 / 1:08 pm

Oh weird, for me it even shows the video in the comment. There must be some hitch going from her to Australia! Sorry about that!

• Claudette 31/05/2018 / 5:32 pm

No wprries. Maybe it is something I did, but I just copied and pasted and then …..

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w