Having an Irky!

I’m having an irky today,
I’ve been in my PJ’s all day,
I slouched to the couch,
when I got out of bed,
and here I shall probably stay.

I’m having an irky today,
it’s what happens when you are not,
as sick as you could be,
nor as well as you should be,
and you feel just a bit more than “off”.

So I’m having an irky today,
but I hope by tomorrow it’s done,
and that a good sleep tonight,
will put it to flight,
and the irky will then be all gone.

Ā© ceenoa

27 thoughts on “Having an Irky!

• Claudette 25/07/2018 / 7:44 am

Yeah, I thought it was approrpiate for how I was feeling. Thanks Dick.

1. Miriam 24/07/2018 / 7:22 pm

I had an irky off day today too. You could almost make this into a song šŸ˜

• Claudette 25/07/2018 / 7:45 am

Hope your irky has gone Miriam. It would be the kind of song that gets stuck in your head, I reckon, and then you would feel really irky!

• Claudette 25/07/2018 / 7:46 am

I can be a casual member of your club then, that sounds cool.

2. Osyth 25/07/2018 / 1:15 am

I love this word. From now on, those bleh days will be irkys and I will think of you and then the icky irky will vanish because I will find my smiles all over again šŸ˜Š

• Claudette 25/07/2018 / 7:48 am

Yeah, bleh is just not descriptive enough šŸ™‚ I like irky, it has a good sound to it. But, I hope you don’t have any need for using it to describe your days.

• Osyth 25/07/2018 / 8:18 am

Oh I think we need the irky days to balance the zesty spritzy ones šŸ˜‰

• Claudette 27/07/2018 / 6:35 pm

mmm – not sure. zesty spritzy sounds so much better than irky šŸ™‚

• Osyth 27/07/2018 / 11:39 pm

But we appreciate the zest and spritz so much more if we have the occasional (very occasional irky day) …. having this theory makes those days slightly more bearable so Iā€™m sticking to it!

• Claudette 28/07/2018 / 5:36 pm

Sounds good, we must do what works best for us. I shall aspire to have a zesty spritzy day to see it if offsets the irky. šŸ™‚

3. The Lockwood Echo 25/07/2018 / 1:18 am

I’ve had 2 irky days on the trot :/ But feel better for just knowing there’s a word for them šŸ™‚

• Claudette 25/07/2018 / 7:49 am

Think you need to show Irky the door, and explain that you are really tired of their visit and it’s time to leave now. Hope they listen and that today is much better for you.

4. CJ Hartwell 25/07/2018 / 8:49 am

I’m glad your irky day is over, but glad to learn the word. I’ll keep it in mind next time I’m “off.” šŸ™‚

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w