Clay on a Rainy Saturday

Saturday I actually sat down and played!  I had a great time and am really happy with the results.
Sadly 1 item burnt in the oven, but the rest came out fine.
The teapot will have to get a new handle, as the cane just doesn’t suit it anymore, so there is still a little bit more to do there.
I’m thinking the teardrops will make up a necklace, and my new snail “Candy” has joined the herd.

12 thoughts on “Clay on a Rainy Saturday

1. Hugh's Views and News 03/03/2015 / 11:13 pm

What great fun you had. I usually end up burning things in the oven as well. I once burnt the oven itself, with the plastic casing of a pizza. Just don’t let me anywhere near your kitchen.

Great items, Claudette. Very colourful.

• Claudette 04/03/2015 / 6:45 am

Thanks Hugh, it was great fun and I am happy with how it turned out. Would be along way for you to come to get anywhere near my kitchen!

2. Marigold 07/03/2015 / 6:36 pm

They’re all beautiful! I love the swirl patterns on the teapot and those little teardrops are so cute. You’ll have to show us what the necklace looks like!

• Claudette 08/03/2015 / 9:36 am

Thanks marigold. I’m hoping to do something with the teardrops this long weekend, so maybe soon I will have pics.

• Claudette 08/03/2015 / 9:37 am

Thanks Christine, I love my snails too. Wonder what a group of snails are called?

• ChristineR 08/03/2015 / 4:16 pm

ooohhh, had to look that up, couldn’t let that question go. Ask com suggests a rout, walk or escargatoire of snails. ❤

• Claudette 09/03/2015 / 9:09 am

🙂 I was going too, but it slipped my mind. Mmm a rout? like the sound of that one.