My heart is a lighthouse

untitled

20 thoughts on “My heart is a lighthouse

1. skybright1 06/11/2016 / 8:30 pm

Ah, that is beautifully sad, and nearly brought me to tears.There is an -as yet unknown- piece welling up somewhere in my mind. You will see if it ever comes to the surface of daylight!

• Claudette 07/11/2016 / 8:00 pm

I have another version that is bumbling around in my mind, but I wanted to keep it short. Thanks Mum.

2. Osyth 06/11/2016 / 11:47 pm

Heart-achingly beautiful …. heart-breakingly actually 💔

• Claudette 07/11/2016 / 8:02 pm

Yes, on both counts for me, beautiful that I still remember how much I love, breaking because I do. But the heart does what it will, and I just follow along.

• Osyth 08/11/2016 / 1:21 am

Hearts are tender things but strong too …. if we are willing to align and not resist to not try and desensitise ourselves then we can really see the brightness of the sun because we have seen the darkness of a starless night.

• Claudette 08/11/2016 / 8:59 pm

Oh, lovely words Osyth, and so right. Sometimes we also NEED to see the dark, because the light can be so beautiful and overwhelming, and without a comparison we forget it’s worth.

• Claudette 08/11/2016 / 9:05 pm

Thanks muchly QG. It came into my head after a particularly intense dream about my dead husband, and it just seemed to work to explain how I felt. Glad you liked it.

• Claudette 09/11/2016 / 9:51 pm

Appreciate your comment Brian, especially as I think your writing is fantastic.

3. Phil Ryan 08/02/2017 / 3:31 am

That’s got me reaching for my hanky. A highly moving piece, Claudette.

• Claudette 08/02/2017 / 8:28 am

Thanks Phil. Made me blub writing it too. Sometimes it’s not all sillies that come out the end of my fingers.